Post your mundane explicable stories here, and I will bunk them

No doubt you have a striking resemblance to some kind of prince or lord who owns those properties and are mistaken for him, though they doubtlessly wonder why his highness is wandering on official duties in a ratty old bathrobe and kleenex box slippers.

That’s what they want you to think. The ducks, I mean. You’ve said too much.

You’ve misinterpreted those underlines. There’s a very small person trapped in the machine who is trying to communicate with you. Pay more attention next time to his message.

A couple of years ago, a work colleague who’d been dating a guy for a couple of years wanted to play a joke on her mother. She and her boyfriend had some portraits taken at a photography studio. She was planning to give a print to her mom. She asked me to scan one of the photos and Photoshop an engagement ring onto her hand. She was going to give that one to her mom and wait to see if she noticed the ring.

Two weeks later, her boyfriend actually gave her an engagement ring!!!

The question is…Why didn’t I Photoshop a picture of myself so it looked like I was holding a million dollars?

It’s nothing to do with your photoshopping; the mother was a witch. Was this gentleman friend of your friend at, any time, in your recollection, afflicted with amphibianess?

My husband is out of town on an overnight business trip. I was streaming an out-of-town oldies station yesterday and they played “Darling, Be Home Soon” by the Lovin’ Spoonful.

I have never met John Sebastian.

But has your husband?

Frequently when I have to enter an online password, I instantly think of one of my former cats, now deceased. Is my pet trying to tell me something from the Great Beyond?

What are their names? And where do you bank, and what is your username? I can check into this for you but I need more data.

No! And if I asked him who recorded “Darling, Be Home Soon,” he’d remind me that was my responsibility on the trivia team.

The question is, then: why is your husband lying to you about his friendship with John Sebastian? You might want to look into it.

The other day I saw a man walking down the sidewalk. To my amazement, he turned into a drugstore. What was up with that?

Erectomorphism is more common than most people realize.

Something happened with our mule a few days ago: we couldn’t touch her as usual, or even walk her with a long line, as we used to do.
We then had among ourselves another of those talks where we think about maybe it would be smart to give away that mule.
And now, it’s been two/three days that I can long line her again and even touch her!
I think it’s because I’m more confident when dealing with her, that I bring her plenty of treats, and that she isn’t in heat anymore, but of course I can’t rule out any supernatural explanations, what are your thoughts?

Not everything has a supernatural explanation. That strikes me as a perfectly ordinary demon possession and accidental exorcism.

I was in desperate need for a knife and opened the kitchen drawer to find ten thousand spoons. Initially, I thought it was ironic, but apparently it isn’t. Any help?

You’re locked in a spoon factory and need to overtake the guards and escape. Try whittling a spoon into a blade on the concrete floor.

Ohmigod! I just happened to write a GQ thread about why you need a medic to pronounce a rotting corpse dead a few days ago! I can’t believe this!

Even I can’t explain that one. Eerie.

I put bird food in my bird feeder, and it keeps disappearing.