Posters who love to bring up the same things time and again

There’s a poster who said something stupid about 9/11 that I like to needle him about occasionally.

Yes, I realize now that it doesn’t divide evenly. Jeez, let it go.

The only reason I know Nava is from Spain is because people keep saying she brings it up a lot.

Dude, if you’re going to be irritated with me at least do it for the correct reasons. It’s Spain, España, Espanya… not Espanyol :stuck_out_tongue:

I was thinking Nava was from Mepos myself.

I’ve noticed the OP likes to bring up stupid shit.

That’s the thing. She said it in her first post and never since, but the meme has just grown and grown, taking on a life of its own. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure why that bothers people so much, but it kinda would be funny if every time you clicked on her post you heard, from My Fair Lady: in SPAIN! in SPAIN!

My bad, it seems like I confused the country for the football club. FTR the Op was meant to be tongue in cheek, there wasn’t any real malice meant by it.

I’m going to go on record as believing that Broomstick’s anecdotes are, by and large, factual accounts of things that have occurred to her or in her presence.

Also that Longshanks is unlikely to distinguish himself in my memory as having done anything notable except for starting this ill-advised thread.

A remark that I think would do better elsewhere.

Missed the edit window:

After reading the OP’s most recent remark, perhaps I shouldn’t be so pessimistic.

Not “shit” - pooping. Our lieu is an expert on pooping. Oh, and risotto transport from kitchen to table :wink:

España. Or, if you’re an American, Spain.

Quite honestly, she tends to spend most of her time in IMHO or MPSIMS, in which forums it can be very helpful to know that she is coming from a culture and viewpoint that is not that of the English-speaking nations that dominate the SDMB.

I remember Even Sven from very early on my sojourn on the board when, again quite frankly, she was a bit of a twat. Her experience as a Peace Corp volunteer in Cameroon changed both her personality and her life, and I have no particular disagreement with her desire to bring it up as appropriate.

In dental type threads I always start with “Dentist here” since I think it is relevant, however any other post I do not start that way.

I think you should try it - it would be amusing.

So fucking what? Just do your own thing, and don’t get hung up on the others’ personalities. There’s another parasite board for that.

Then why pick the things that have historically had malice behind them? Even if you didn’t know about Nava and even sven, you know that Broomstick was pitted for all that stuff.

Anyways, I get upset over things that I think are immoral. I say stupid shit when I get angry. And I use “anyways” all the time. I’m trying to get better.

I don’t notice any other patterns in anyone else unless they are assholes, and in deference to the OP’s intent for this thread, I won’t talk about assholes (other than myself, of course.)

Then why is it in the Pit?

Because it was moved here from MPSIMS.

Shodan

It seems as though no matter what he posts it always ends up the same.

If you’ve been anywhere long enough, it doesn’t become too hard to predict who’s going to say what in any given topic. I suppose that’s why I like coming here. It’s kind of comforting knowing that people’s internet personas are consistent.