Real Identity Of Cecil Adams

Hzah. I’ve been using the internet since I actually was a child (I started in 1996, unmonitored… I don’t count monitored time as personal use).

They’ve been letting children on the internet for quite a while, in fact.

:smiley:

Being only 12 years older than the 1990’s born poster I only started using the 'net at age 18, BBS at 17. (couldnt get my little hands on a modem until then, the modem i used to read BBSs had a staggerin 3900 kbps speed)

And Cecil Adams is…

Dont read this if you want to keep your sanity:

George W Bush

If you read it, roll 4 d6 and substract the result from your sanity score.

Seconded.

You are Number Six!

(rolls dice)
Oops, critical failure.

Cecil Adams. . .well, I suppose at this point, he’s more of a myth than a man. Some guy I saw out in Reno once told me he’d seen a fucker walk into a bar. Running one of those trivia things, you know? Man clears out the backlog of questions in twenty minutes flat, then holds off a bar brawl using nothing more than a penciled list of cites about explosive decompression jotted down on a cocktail napkin. He walked out of there like he was twenty feet tall.

That was Cecil.

And, once, in the days before the internet, a young girl entered a library on a quest to discern the meaning of a strange new word: merkin. She walked up to the librarian, who whispered the truth of it to her. She immediately ran home, horrified.

That was Cecil, too.

And not too long ago, a man on the street insisted that he was capable of turning off street lights merely by passing them, and insisted on making this claim to anyone who would listen. After rigorous research, a gentlemen rogue and scholar determined that the extinguishing of lights was no more than chance. He found this self-proclaimed extraordinary man, smacked him upside the head, and called him a putz.

That was. . .yeah. You know.

I would say he’s that jolly fat man with the funky red suit . . . but I can’t fool you, everybody knows there is no Sanity Claus.

Especially around here.

Does that mean we should change his picture from a turkey to a turtle? Anyone want to bet on who burps first?
:wink:

It’s easy. Cecil Adams is E.T! Built the pyramids, you know…

It’s simple. “Cecil Adams” is an anagram of “Eds Acclaim” meaning Cecil is simply Ed’s acclaim to fame. Or you could simply map the lines connecting every 17th L in the 5th edition of “Moby Dick” and add the angles to then divide by the . . . never mind, I can’t reveal the formula because then you will also figure out who wrote the Book of Love and the location of Carmen San Diego.

It’s Zotti and has been for quite some time.

The original Cecil Adams has been living like a king in Patagonia.

God, you people are so dense. A little simple sleuthing reveals the truth: Cecil Adams is difficult to identify because he’s never seen and nobody knows how to find him. You know who else you can’t find? Chuck Norris! As we all know, if you go to the Google home page and type in “find Chuck Norris”, the answer is cryptic. So it’s obvious that Cecil is Chuck Norris.

Or, you know, someone else.

I don’t know that Chuck and Cecil are the same.

Chuck can divide by zero, and Cecil can go on for an hour and a half why it isn’t possible . . . .

:wink:

You’ve got that completely wrong. That’s the Stig.

None of the above.

I prefer not to know.

Someone wrote a play about Uncle Junior?

Cecil is DB Cooper. It is obvious and the dates match fairly well.

Show me where in my post that I even hinted at Cecil not being a multiple personality. Yeah, I thought not.