scrambledeggs, please, give the threads a rest

Yes, evidently you are.

Jesus - do you have time off from work or something Guin? This is just weak.

It has been a long time since I’ve posted enough to do more than just the basics. Sorry.

scrambledeggs, would you mind fighting a little less ignorance from now on? Because that would be great.

kthnxbai

No, actually, I’ve had my hours increased. (BTW, people in the Pittsburgh area, we have a new Titanic exhibit, if you’re interested.)

BUT, I’m still here reading and I couldn’t help but notice that he only seems to post to his own threads. He reminds me of that andrewdt kid, who kept posting about 15 threads in one night. Again, I’m not the only one who noticed.

Ah, kids. I remember when I could post to 15 threads in one night. Of course, I’d have to wait a little while in between then, but now? Forget it. I’m lucky if I post to a couple of threads a week.

Why should anyone give a shit?

I thought wimmin were sposed to be able to post all night. We men shoot out a thread and then have to re-compose, as it were.

Anyone else think his real name is “yesterday”?

You know, I yield to no one in my dislike of Guinistasia; she’s near the top of my personal list of Most Useless Dopers. But this kind of disingenuous pileon is retarded: if a more respected doper had posted this thread, you’d all be agreeing with them. It’s certainly not an original concept of Guin’s that new members who begin more threads than they participate are obnoxious.

So yeah, fuck Guin, because she’s an idiot, but also, eggs, knock it off: you need to give as well as take around here, and to participate in others’ threads as well as starting your own. This board is a collective effort.

Weak pit. But it does seem like scrambledeggs chooses which forum to post a thread in by throwing darts.

I think the OP is retarded. I have no real opinion of Guin one way or the other. I thought this pitting was weak before I even noticed who started it.

So, eggs, count me in as one of the people responding who has no problem with how you post and hasn’t even bothered to scrutinize your posting style. Knock yourself out, post what and how you want (within the framework of the boards’ rules, of course, follow the spirit of the rules as well as the letter) and pay no attention to those who can’t do anything but snark at a new member. I’d hate to see you driven away by a few cranky members with sticks up their arses. This has happened a few times in the past with new members before. I hope the boards are free-to-post when your guest membership is up. If not, I hope you’ll continue your membership anyway.

I saw what you did there, Zoe. :smiley:

You first, snookums.
I stand by what I said. For those who don’t have a problem, well, that’s you. But apparently I’m not the only one who noticed.

Strength in numbers. I used to beat up this blind retarded kid in my neighborhood a lot, and every time I knocked off his football helmet, pushed his face in the mud, and stole his lunch money, there’d always be at least one kid watching who’d shout “yeah! *Get * 'im!” So I always knew I was doing the right thing.

My admiration for you grows daily sir.

Guin, Guin, Guin, Over the years, how many Pit threads and comments have been directed at you for your over posting and overall lack of contact in your tens of thousands of posts? Your usual response is along the lines of “I know that I’m annoying but too bad.” Why the ever loving righteous fuck would you expect anyone to take the advice that you’ve studiously ignored for the better part of a decade?

I did a quick search and scan and it’s clear to me that there is more total worthwhile content in egg’s hundred or so posts than in your thirty thousand plus.

Seriously, without any snark or ill will intended, why do you care?

Dang, this really is a bizarre pitting, both in the subject and the source. (It’s especially the latter that’s amusing. I have no bad feelings towards Guinastasia, but it’s rather like BrainGlutton complaining about a poster starting too many anti-Bush threads, or Liberal claiming someone else’s tarnishing Andrew Jackson’s reputation, or EvilCaptor clutching pearls over a poster’s tendency to talk about bondage, or danceswithcats mocking another person’s poorly researched RO pitting…)

But ignoring the source and just looking at the subject. scrambledeggs, as Hockey Monkey opines, is probably a guest who has a lot o’ questions and is simply posting them before his/her membership runs out. (Perhaps not knowing about the “imminent” – a relative term apparently – conversion to free posting.) It’s not like scrambledeggs is posting crappy or trollish OPs that generate either boredom or controversy (such as andrewdt or Two Inches… or others). Let’s look at an incomplete list of his/her threads:

[ul][li]Why/how did the default English pronoun become feminine? [/li][li]Why does anyone actually watch Fox News?[/li][li]Why do little English boys not pronounce their 'R’s? [/li][li]Would an American’s accent turn British after living in UK?[/li][li]Why do so many kids earn liberal arts degrees when they are not marketable?[/li][li]Why do adults have finer taste than children? [/li][li]Why are electric guitars so much more popular than classical? [/li][li]Food Technology degree? Taste testing for four years? [/li][li]Why do dogs like squeaky toys so much? [/li][li]What is the quality of life in Ethiopia? [/li][li]How does one become a ‘film director’? [/li][li]Why aren’t big & tall people much smarter (because of bigger brains)? [/li][li]How come when you open a hot oven, you see ‘lines’ of air [/li][li] Perpetual Motion Machine Circus [/li][li]Why do employers seemingly not want to hire middle-aged and older people?[/li][li]How does Scientology still survive? [/li][li]Why did women show their decolletage so much in the past?[/li][li]Why are there so many lawyers?[/li][li]How do American’s accents sound to British ears?[/li][li] What is with the ‘teacup’ dog mania? [/li][li]Why do Southerners (U.S.) speak with a ‘drawl’ [/li][li]Why are people so obsessed with Star Trek?[/li][li]Does a disease have a right to exist? [/li][li]Why do people like dogs so much?[/li][li]Why do Mestizos in the US say ‘holmes’ when it isn’t Spanish?[/ul][/li]
Most if not all are pretty good discussion topics; several of these are multi-page threads, indicating that many others find them interesting and worthwhile topics too. (… Which nicely balances Guinastasia’s “Nyeah! Others think so too!” argument.) So we have a newbie getting some long-wondered questions out of his or her system. BFD. Maybe scrambledeggs will feel more comfy joining in eventually; maybe not. But if all s/he does is post interesting topics, I still think en toto this makes scrambledeggs a good addition to the community.

BTW, Guin, you did tell scrambledeggs of this pitting, right? I know there’s no PM function, but if you click on the username you can see there’s an Email User link, plus there’s the tried and true method of simply posting the news in one of the threads. But this is silly, I’m sure you did. Someone who’s such a stickler for board culture who’s been around as long as you surely would’ve followed tradition to the letter and been gracious enough to let our eggy newbie of the welcome s/he’s getting.

Finally: Zoe wins the thread. :slight_smile:

We need posters posting more stuff here - we’re like that old married couple that has nothing new left to say to each other some days.