Sir Elton John really, really sucks

[HORSHACK VOICE]
Ohhh, Mistah Kottah, I know that one, Mistah Kottahhhh!
[/HORSHACK VOICE]

Loudon did appear in a few episodes of MASH later in its run. In one show, he did a Greek chorus kind of thing, playing his guitar and singing in between the scenes.

He didn’t write “Suicide,” however. Johnny Mandel sang it. and Mike Altman, the movie director’s son when he was 14, which kind of explains things, doesn’t it?

I meant to say that Mike Altman wrote the words when he was 14, which explains verses like

Yeah, I caught that. But that stupid song was so overplayed when I was in high school that to this day I can’t hear the names Loudon or Wainwright without thinking of it!

I remember the guy from “Whaddya Know” once called this tour the “Ferrante and Teicher” of our generation. Which is hysterical, if you get the reference.

I believe Elton’s father was a Squadron Leader in the Royal Air Force.

Which means that both father and son gripped a few joysticks while in the cockpit…

I will add that “The Bitch is Back” is one of the very, very best singles of the 1970s, and is one of those songs that immediately take you back to another time and place when you hear it…just like “Philadelphia Freedom;” not a very good song, mind, but one glissando of those strings, and I’m back in Junior High.

While I love some EJ, particularly the early works, and loathe some, I cannot believe that the thread has gone this long without anyone picking up on the thread title:

And his boyfriend’s very, very glad! :smiley:

There’s a rumor that Elton remarked on Liza’s recent wedding:

“She could at least try to marry a hetrosexual.”

Either he is very catty or very jealous (or both).

Hey, I stated very clearly in the first line that I couldn’t comment on his personal life :smiley:

I like a lot of Elton’s stuff, but the guy needs to get a fucking grip. I think he’s talented, but an asshole. And I agree-what is UP with the rug! He definitely looked better bald.

My favorites are “Benny and the Jets,” “Candle in the Wind” (the ORIGINAL VERSION!) and “I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues.”

The original “Candle in the Wind” is awesome. The remake fucking sucks.

This from a Christian?

nice.

Guin - wash your mouth. profanity really, really sucks :rolleyes:

Excuse me? Do you have something to say, or are you trolling again?

guin -

in case you have forgotten (bolding by HH):

[quote]

I like a lot of Elton’s stuff, but the guy needs to get a fucking grip. I think he’s talented, but an asshole. And I agree-what is UP with the rug! He definitely looked better bald.

My favorites are “Benny and the Jets,” “Candle in the Wind” (the ORIGINAL VERSION!) and “I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues.”

I also love “Tiny Dancer”, “Levon” and others.

There are MANY songs (by Elton, and others) that I do NOT like.

However, I can critique them without using “fucking sucks” - you may wish to try…

guin -

in case you have forgotten (bolding by HH):

[quote]

I also love “Tiny Dancer”, “Levon” and others.

There are MANY songs (by Elton, and others) that I do NOT like.

However, I can critique them without using “fucking sucks” - you may wish to try…

Listen, Heathen, this is a thread about Elton John sucking. (hee hee - can’t say that without giggling.) If you have issues with Guin’s profanity and religious affiliation, can you kindly open your own pit thread? I mean, your own fucking pit thread?

And when exactly were you made arbiter of my morality, or Guinastasia’s, happyheathen?

I have stated in at least a dozen threads that I do not see any necessary sinfulness in committed gay couples. And I made a risque joke off the phrasing of the thread title on the basis that one assumes a certain amount of oral sex to be a probable component of a committed gay relationship.

And Guin was using the present participle of the verb to fuck in its common colloquial usage as an intensifier.

Neither bit of phrasing is in any way blaspheming the God in Whom we believe. Both are mildly vulgar in ways calculated to amuse the reader (mine at least, and I assume that’s why Guin used “fucking” repeatedly as well).

Now go find a thread where you can snipe at Catholics. You’re show every evidence of looking for opportunities to be a jerk as relates to anyone claiming to be a Christian. It’s something we’re told to forgive, but it’s getting downright annoying.

http://www.bway.net/~halsall/radcath/rad-bourglang.txt

Let me, as the OP, add that the title was chosen with exactly that kind of double entendre in mind.

Let me get this straight. HH is browbeating Guinfor using profanity in the PIT?
idiot.

It’s just another one of HH’s attempts to attack us Catholics, I think.

:rolleyes:

There were signs of incipient suckage a long time back. Remember Island Girl? And Fill Uh Delphia Freedom?

There’s some good music with his name on it, but I don’t think you’d get too many takers for a compilation album titled “The Worst of Elton John”.