Songs that always make you wanna dance

ABBA’S Dancing Queen. I mean, come on!

“I Don’t Feel Like Dancing” by the Scissor Sisters

“Light Of Day” - Bruce Springsteen. The wife’s been told that if I’m ever in a total funk and refuse to get out of bed to play this loud. I’ll be up and moving in no time.

Yep. I find it almost impossible not to dance if I play that song.

Almost forgot- I Wanna Be Sedated.

Anything by the Bee Gees, especially “Jive Talkin’.”

Also “Blue Monday” by New Order.

I’m with Annie-Xmas…“Dancing Queen” does it for me.

“Bra” by Cymande.

I’ll see your “Canned Heat” and raise you a “Supersonic”. :slight_smile:

“In the Mood” by Glenn Miller…I used to do a lot of swing dancing and that always makes me want to dance.

“I’m walking on sunshine, whoa oh, I’m walking on sunshine.”

Little Feat, Fat Man In The Bathtub
Paul Simon, Late In The Evening, the version on the S&G concert in the park
David Byrne, The Cowboy Mambo, and everything else on Uh-Oh

The O’Jays. We have a lot of music in common.

On the OP “Shake your Pants” and nearly anything else by Cameo.

Few songs written by Prince in his heyday of the '80s fail to get your feet moving and your arms pumping. Back then, just one of his songs played at a club would energize the dance floor for the next hour.

Thus inducing them to party as if it were Y2K-1? :cool:

Outkast’s “Hey Ya” is infectious, even when it’s just playing over and over in my head.

“Take a Chance on Me” gets me moving, espcially the version by Erasure.

I agree about Prince – even the slow ones make me feel like dancing. “Let’s Go Crazy” is especially effective.

Oh, and “Jungle Love” by Morris Day and Time. I can do their choreography and everything, but only when very drunk. There’s a great photo of me doing this last New Year’s Eve, at a party I mostly can’t recall. :wink:

The same could be said of another Sherman Hemsley show, Amen. Very inspirational theme song.

Yeah, me too. There’s a few Scissor Sisters songs have that insanely catchy disco-ey pop thing going on, and more power to them.

Another vote for Groove is in the Heart, and a vote for Armand van Helden’s remix of Tori Amos’ Professional Widow - that one has filled more than a few dancefloors featuring me.

Tear the Roof off the Sucker by George Clinton

You Sexy Thing by Hot Chocolate

They Don’t Want Music by the Black Eyed Peas (with an assist from James Brown)

Wild Night as done by Martha Reeves

Am I The Same Girl as done by Swing Out Sister

I’m Free by Kenny Loggins (Footloose soundtrack)