Songs that always make you wanna dance

Dance to the Underground, Radio 4
Rock the Casbah, The Clash
Blame it on the Boogie, The Jacksons

Well if noone else is going to say it I will"

“Old Time Rock and Roll” by Bob Seger

Pretty much anything by BT that’s not Big Beat
Insomnia – simply the best dance song ever created.
Chemical and Out of Control, by New Order and the Chemical Brothers (but featuring new order’s singer,) basically the same song.
Half of Flogging Molly’s stuff. (I am so not a Celtic dancer but when I saw them in concert even the burly bare-chested punk moshers were keeping away from me as I was kicking up my feet and jumping around when their stuff came on and they didn’t wanna get stepped on :))

Specifically get me to dance, as opposed to doing air guitar, rocking out or otherwise merely thrashing and twitching with my eyes closed and mouthing the lyrics or humming the tune? I mean, the aforementioned Rock The Casbah and other songs by The Clash definitely evoke a physical reaction from me, but I don’t think anyone would count as dancing, except maybe an anthropologist on acid. Same thing for Sir Mix-a-Lot’s song Baby Got Back, though that also requires me to be drunk. (I have a firm, firm vow to never again mix the two, especially now in the age of YouTube.)

Let’s see… To get up on my feet and step to the beat, hmm, what will it be…

Frankie Goes To Hollywood, either Relax or Two Tribes
Michael Jackson, Billie Jean (oh, if I could dance like him in that video!)
The Monroes, What Do All The People Know?
Right Said Fred, I’m Too Sexy

I guess it’s self-evident that I grew up in the 1980s.

Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) by C+C Music Factory. I don’t know how anybody can hear that song and not want to get up and dance!

Push It by Salt-N-Pepa is another one.

Oh aye, and in a similar vein Candi Statton’s You got the Look, Blue Pearl’s Naked in the Rain, Eiffel 65’s Blue (Da ba Dee), The Wamdue Project’s King of my Castle and Who Da Funk’s *Shiny Disco Balls *. Hey, I like cheezy dance music.

Earth Wind and Fire - Let’s Groove Tonight

Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell

Ha- Earth Wind & Fire’s September!

And of course The Commodore’s Brick House.

Except for Filo & Peri :wink:

I love “Anthem”.

Lately, I’ve been loving Above & Beyond. And Armin van Buuren is a long time favorite. But my favorite dance song right now is “Beautiful” by Ferry Corsten.

Since we learned to cha cha, “Smooth” by Santana and Rob Thomas has been guaranteed to get us up on the dance floor.

Since we learned to merengue, “Sexy Back” by Justin Timberlake and "Eyes Like Yours by Shakira are some of our favourite dance songs.

General booty-shaking songs for us -
“Keep it Coming Love” by K.C. and the Sunshine Band
“Smooth Criminal” by Alien Ant Farm
“Take Me Out” by Franz Ferdinand
“Talk to Me, Dance With Me” by Hot Hot Heat
“Out of My Head” by Mobile
“Sweat of Your Brow” by Jully Black
“Iko Iko” by the Belle Stars
“100% Pure Love” by Crystal Waters
“Real Wild Child” by Iggy Pop
and, of course
“Thunder” by AC/DC

(We haven’t heard “Flathead” or “Creepin’ Up the Backstairs” by The Fratellis at a party yet, but I suspect we will have to add them to the list, too.)

you mean thunderstruck

The Godfather - Papa Don’t Take No Mess

Tightest. Band. Ever.

Split Enz - I See Red

But votes for Scissor Sisters (now I have forgiven them for remixing Comfortably Numb ), and the Fratellis, too

Si

Hehe, the tracks come and go so fast these days that it’s hard to keep up unless you listen to a show like A State Of Trance on a regular basis, but yes, Beautiful is also one of those recent instant classics. I was trying to be on the cutting edge, and that tune is so 2006. C’mon dude, this is 2007. :wink: Still, I know it was one of the few tracks the crowd went absolutely nuts for when he performed at Vision in Chicago earlier this year. I know I went nuts for it, anyway. :smiley:

Looks like you’re the only other trancer on the thread so far. Shame we’re so few and far between. And here I thought this thread would be about, well, dance music!

Elton John - “Crocodile Rock”

Laura Branigan - “Spanish Eddie”

Gloria Gaynor - “I Will Survive”

I feel old.

(She’s Got) Skillz - All 4 One
Canned Heat - Jamiroquai
How do you dance to AC/DC?

It’s not easy, Sitnam, but we try every time that song comes on. :smiley:

OK, I’ll drag my ass out of the stone age that is 2006 and go with I Am by Markus Schulz vs. Chakra.

See, being stuck in 2006 isn’t so bad.

Ludovic mentioned BT & The Chemical Brothers, so we’re not entirely alone.

I get to see “Armin Live” tomorrow for an 8 hour set. :slight_smile: And then Daft Punk next week, Tiësto In Concert in April, and Underworld and the Chemical Brothers (not together) in Sept.