Straight Males and Homosexual Experimentation

Oh. I had to read that 3 times before I realized you meant being **IN **a movie, not just watching one.

I’ll answer this one. Straight guy here. And yes I have experimented. I do not identify as bi, but have had several experiences with men I found attractive - admittedly they did tend to look very androgynous. I like that look in both men and women.

TMI: it consisted of manual and oral stimulation, I am not interested in penetration whatsoever with a guy, by either party.

Would I do it again? yes I would

As I said, I do not identify as bi, simply attracted to attractive people :slight_smile:

This sums up my feelings exactly.

How common? About 40% of males have, according to the Kinsey studies, ‘engaged in sexual activity with another male to the point of orgasm’. So how common do you consider 40% to be?

Note: this is a grossly simplified summary of one point from a very extensive & detailed book.

Also, these studies were done about 50 years ago. You could argue that this number is likely to have increased since then, because people have become more knowlegable & tolerant of gay activity. Or you could argue that this number is likely to have decreased since then, because modern girls are allegedly more willing to ‘put out’ nowdays. But nobody knows for sure, since no study equivalent to the Kinsey ones has been done in the half century since then. So they are still the best actual data that we have.

P.S. ‘Straight’ males experimenting with gay sex are sometimes referred to as “strays”.

Give me enough Rohypnol and I’m yours… :confused:

Seriously though, I would never, not ever, absolutely 0% probability of ever going near another man’s bits or having him go near mine. The very idea makes me feel queasy.
I’ve turned down threesomes twice because they were MMF not MFF.
Odd thing is, I have a lot of gay mates, and often go out to gay bars and clubs. I really enjoy the relaxing atmosphere at these places. I guess it’s nice to be in a place where you don’t have to worry about machismo or pulling.

When I was in college there was a rest area near the college that was “known” as a place for men to go and exchange BJs. One of the guys in my dorm went regularly to get a BJ. He was not shy about it at all and often invited others to go along. He said that since he was pitching, not catching, it didn’t make him gay and he said that in the dark one warm mouth felt as good as any other. He also said that men give better BJs than most of women he had been with. I never tried it.

I’m also exclusively a “pitcher,” but I’m absolutely 100% gay. I’m well aware that there are plenty of guys who enjoy exactly the same kind of sex with men that I do, and consider themselves 100% straight. Just goes to show that sexual orientation has nothing to do with actions, and everything to do with where your head is at (pun intended).

[ul]another ditto in this corner[/ul]

I’ve never experimented with another male. I don’t think the “Six Beer Rule” or situations of convenience apply unless the supposedly straight person has some tendencies towards experimentation.

I’ve been way past six beers drunk and very lonely at times, and I still wouldn’t have been interested in homosexual experimentation.

When my ex-husband and I were still just dating teenagers, he and his best guy friend did some experimenting. The friend eventually wound up bi, the ex seemed to come away from the experience more firmly convinced of his het status. I like the toggle-switch metaphor.

Couldn’t tell you how many more of my male acquaintances have done the same, but I’d guess far more than would admit to it.

Or one Jude Law look-alike.

Ooner, you just aren’t going to get strai… uh… uh… honest answer here. Most straight guys aren’t going to fess up. Even if this is more or less anonymous. Gay guys are going to tell all sorts of stories.

I can only imagine how many of the 1302 views vs. the 30 responses you’ve gotten so far were straight guys reading & then going “whoa, next thread!” <click>

Even if you phrased the question such that only straight guys who have experimented with other guys can respond you’d still get a bunch of straight guys checking in to say, “nope, not me. Nope. Never did. Nope, never. Nope, never had the slightest inkling. Nope. Nope. Huuuuuunert percent straight guy here, you betcha, yup. Did I say I’m straight? And nope? Nope, not me, never never never.”

Uh-huh.

Was watching Howard a few weeks back…he was talking to a prostitute who said she had regulars (males) who paid her to use a strap-on on them. (Don’t ask how they got to the topic…)

If you include this in you definition of “experiment with homosexuality,” you might get a different response than the nested-quote one-liners. Then again, maybe not.

Granted, 50 years ago, we also had lonely people in WW2.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the number were a bit lower nowadays.

Maybe someone in this thread can explain this phenomenon. The Reader has tons of personals in which a guy offers, say, a BJ, but then lists a very specific type as the desired recipient. A frequent qualification is “100% straight guys only.”

Now I’m a very much live-and-let-live person (except for the time I found out an old HS friend was gay by my then-boyfriend’s revelation that my friend had propositioned him…I was a bit pissed about that, but would have been equally pissed if a female friend had propositioned him). But it seems to me that self-identifying as 100% straight and being willing to receive a BJ from a complete stranger in a newspaper ad would be mutually exclusive things. How is this apparently not the case?

I would guess that the “100% straight” guys believe that men are better at BJs than women, so would take up on the offer while believing that it’s simply situational - if he found a woman who was just as good, he wouldn’t go to guys. He’s going for the pleasure - the sex of the person servicing him is not an issue. Or so they would think.

WRS

There was an interesting article in The New York Times Sunday magazine about African-American Men who present themselves as straight but who seek out gay sex - the lifestyle, according to the front-page article - is called “down low” (from the TLC tune “Creep”) or “the DL”.

im bi and have known it since i was 12…i have been with men and have enjoyed it…i consider myself more into women but i go for it with guys…i could care less if anyone thinks im ‘sick’

This happened a few days ago. let me give some background first though. i am 18 years old. i have always considered myself straight. i have had sex with girls before and enjoyed it. i have a friend who is openly gay, 21. i have been friends with him, his brother 19, and another one of our friends who is straight, also my roommate, 20, for almost 5 years now. me, my gay friend and our friend who is straight desided to get drunk at my straight friends house. so we get drunk and my straight friend passes out on his couch. i dont remember what happened or what lead to it but my gay friend ends up giving me a blow job. i remember telling him “i need a girl to make me go” but he didnt stop and i didnt protest. i think we had sex as well, but nothing went near my behind. i have suspected he had a crush on me for some time now. i dont know why i let it happend. now everytime i think about it i get sick to my stomach, and i barffed once because it truely grossed me out. what is worse is the 4 of us hang out almost every day. it has been extremely awkward now…i cant even look at my gay friend. today i told him i dont think we can be friend anymore. i dont know how im going ot get out of telling my straight friend and my gay friends brother why all of a sudden me and the gay friend are no longer friends. the thing that has bothered me the most is one day im going to be faced with a decision to tell my wife that once when i was younger i experimented with another man. i have a horible feeling just retelling the story on here.

If this falls under a theory, I would propose calling it the Sixty Titty Theory. Guys are surrounded by attractive, unattainable women for hours at a time. Some guys get horny enough and they will want to get off bad enough that they will do things they wouldn’t normally do.

But I don’t think it’s anywhere close to as common as female experimentation. Guys are just wired differently, and are a lot less likely to be bisexual or curious.