Susanna Hoffs/Bangles...Walk Like an Egyptian.

Yes, I have a Japanese reissue Strat with a narrower nut width. Beautiful axe but that slight difference in nut width makes it harder for me to play. And I have relatively long slender fingers.

I have a throw-away no-name electric at home that I want to salvage and restore specifically because it has one of the narrowest necks I’ve ever found, and I have tiny little hands and fingers that can barely cup a golf ball. I’ll have to measure it and see what it is. Didn’t know that about the Rickenbackers, makes me want it even more!

This thread inspired me to download their best of album from iTunes.

Rainy Day - I’ll Keep It with Mine

Give this a listen. Unfortunately, the girl in the video is not Hoffs, but she sounds amazing.

I like the video but prefer my Susanna Hoffs backed by loud guitars and drums!

:smiley:

BTW, I didn’t intend this thread to be Hoffs-centric. The other Bangles were certainly lovely and talented.

Watching this 1986 concert video she is clearly much tinier than her bandmates.

Also, not being that devoted of a fan back in their heyday, I always thought Hoffs was “the singer” but clearly they shared vocals quite a bit.

I can tolerate some 80’s stuff that I once listened to but that old pop and glam rock …I just can’t do it. I noticed that style of music has made a slight comeback though.

MMMmmmm, bourbon flavored Sussana.

I’ll be in my bunk.

Oh yes. I stood a few feet away from her as she played at a fest last year. Made me grin like the giddy twenty-something I haven’t been in a long, long time. Which was nice.

So…are you just now noticing, thirty years gone? :wink:
Or is this a (very pleasant) stroll down memory lane?
Slow day at work? :smiley:

Oh, THAT’S the appalling-looking Robert Downey movie in the background. Makes it easier to (continue) to avoid it if it has a name. :wink:

Great song, though. And a band that taught me to not prejudge bands made up of beautiful women. I have their greatest hits and, unlike many greatest hits sets, they are nearly all hits. Or got enough airplay that I noticed them, which is the same thing.

Thanks for the link: I just clicked to take a look and was compelled to watch the whole thing.

WHAT!! I have the first two but I did not know about the third one, and I am a teenager of the 80s! Off to amazon!

No love for Michael Steele all this way into the thread? Can’t have that! The odd nom de rock always threw me a little, but a real looker all the same.

Hurrah! She should be played by Heather Matarazzo in a biopic.

Not denying Ms. Hoff’s incredible, uh, charms, but I have to say “Me, too!” Michael was always my favorite, for some reason I never quite put my finger on. But HEY! It’s an excuse to go back and listen to all the old albums, refresh my memory on which ones Michael wrote and/or sang lead on. In the name of SCIENCE, of course.

Alcohol+internet=me cruising YouTube for music videos and occasionally starting a CS thread. :slight_smile:

At one point I was going to say you could see her ex-Runaways roots with her hard-ass stare. Far more punk rock. Solid player.

ETA: Can you imagine her looking from side-to-side? :wink: Um, no.