The Celebrity Death Pool 2012

The OP needs to be changed to say 2012 instead of 2011.

:wink:

:smack:

I can’t change it myself, but this should serve as notice that those three awards that say 2011 are 2012 instead!:stuck_out_tongue:

Reported to a Mod for correction.

:confused: Is there another Wilt Chamberlain?

Think lay-ups.

Think already laying up the daisies since 99.

I’m not sure if I’m going to play. I’ve done this like 5 times and have yet to have anyone die on me. Maybe I should have people pay me to be on the list.

She’s already dead.

:smack: <edits short list>

Oh, and yes, we can have a “theme” award. Just be sure to let me know, when you make your entry, that it’s a theme.

I haven’t decided if I am going to jump on any band wagons this year. I’ll be back with my list before the cutoff.

Thanks for all your hard work, amarone, and thanks for taking up the reins, Baker!

I look forward to yet another delightfully morbid year of having friends and family members text me every time a celebrity dies to ask “Was he on your list?!” (The answer this year was all too frequently “no”, alas.)

Will be posting my picks sometime on 12/31, as per usual. :slight_smile:

Folks- this game humbles me. No matter how careful I am, I always make a mistake even in my entry. Please let me edit my list to read:
Michael Douglas
Zsa Zsa Gabor
Margaret Thatcher
Bridget Bardot
Ronnie Biggs
Ariel Sharon
Dick Clark
Betty Ford
Phyllis Diller
Mel Gibson
Billy Ghraham
Henry Kissinger
Hugo Chavez
Andy Willams

Alternate:
Lindsey Lohan

I suggest that the “Opening Kickoff Award” be renamed the “Opening Kicked-Off Award.” :smiley:

She’s already dead too.

Also, Paul should probably specify whether he means Billy Graham the evangelist or “Superstar” Billy Graham the wrestler, as both showed up on people’s 2011 lists.

Only because it was an issue before: are you talking about the wrestler or the preacher?

Ed: missed that **MsWhasit **already noticed…

Ned Beatty
Don Rickles
Rosalynn Carter
Harry Morgan
Conrad Bain
Esther Williams
G. Gordon Liddy
Prince Philip
Arnold Palmer
David Crosby
Jerry Lewis
Mikhail Baryshnikov
John Madden
Alternates:
Leonard Nimoy
Ruth Buzzi

Fidel Castro
Abe Vigoda
Bettie White
Dick Clark
Dick Cheney
George H.W. Bush
Eli Wallach
Nelson Mandela
Ernest Borgnine
Jake LaMotta
Kirk Douglas
Olivia de Havilland
Hugh Hefner

Points, schmoints. I want a perfect score. And to make it interesting, a few of my picks might just be immortal.

Fidel Castro
Jack T. Chick
Michael Douglas
Robin Gibb
Christopher Hitchens
Artie Lange
Lindsay Lohan
Shane MacGowan
Prince Philip
John Pinette
Keith Richards
Charlie Sheen
Margaret Thatcher

Alternates, in this order:

1. Jerry Lewis
  2. Roger Ebert
  3. Britney Spears

If this list has a theme, it is “People Who Will Be Dead Soon.”

Sincere, effusive thanks to Baker and to amarone for keeping our macabre little game going.

I didnot know he was dead!

Amended list