The Continuing Adventures of My Freaky Co-Worker

It looks kinda like she put all her bangs in the scissors with th blade against her forehead and tried to snip them all at once. That usually results in unintended effects that require “adjusting” from there (and proceeded to “adjusted them” plenty). There is a reason hair stylist use clips and trim your hair one layer at a time. You can’t take all of it between the blades all at once like you’re cutting a thick piece of paper.

Moo Cow - I don’t think it was boredom. Considering the other weird things she does - there’s kind of a “big picture” to her. I just think her hair was getting a little long and she figured “hair + scissors = haircut.” (How hard could it be, right?) She has a plain strainght blunt cut and it looks like she was just trying to maintain it. You’d have a better sense of her personality if you ever talked to her or witnessed more of her logic-defying reasoning and obliviousness.

Ah, all part of life’s rich pageantry!

Really, she does remind me of Judy Blue’s four-year-old character “Superfudge.”

I used to work with a woman similar to Freaklady. She was our receptionist at work. She’s still there AFAIK because she was the only one who could get along with our president. We went through about 5 receptionists in a year prior to her.

She was in her mid-40s and died her hair jet black (she was not trying to be goth btw). She wore these geeky thick black glasses and spoke in a really high voice with the type of Southern Accent that makes one syllable words have two. “Ah dawn’t thaink he’s eeyin yet. Would yew laik to leeve a meyassage?”

She was a real ditz. I don’t know if she purposely acted that way to appear younger or what, but sometimes she didn’t have a clue. She called my office on the PA one time and started giggling. I said “What do you want, gigglepuss?” She then stopped giggling and told me “Yew dawn’t have to yewse naisty words laik thayat!” She thought gigglepuss was a dirty word. I had to edumacate her.

Of course I loved messing with her head.

One time she and several others were in the lobby trying to get the fax machine to work. I said “Well, it takes time for them to send the paper through the phone lines.” She looked at me with a blank expression, the gears in her head turning, brain synapses firing slowly, before she finally blurted out, “That’s nawt hoyow it works!”

She had custody of her 14-year old daughter every other weekend, and would take her and her friends to chick flicks so they could squeal at Leonard DiCaprio in the theatre. Argh.

I cut my own hair. Often while drunk. You can’t tell.

How do people like this get hired?!

Are you telling me that in order to get a decent job, I am going to have to come into the interview wearing a Wedding Dress, with a bad haircut I gave myself, talking in a high-pitched, phony accent? :confused:

Yes.

And please report back to us on how the interview went.

:wink:

Nurse Carmen Aren’t you male? Most guys I know can manage a half-decent haircut with electric clippers. Or scissor is it just needs to be cropped short. Though one of my co-workers made a little boo-boo once and ended up having to shave his head.

Sniffs_Markers also has a shaggy “coiffed bedhead” style so she can contently chop away without changing her overall look much.

I cut my own hair. Of course, I shave my head, so it’s hard to screw that up…

I am male, and I use a mix of clippers and scissors. I’ve never made a boo-boo, but one time I was really drunk and used a #1 on my whole head. It was at the end of a very hot day, what can I say? I did a good job, but it was with a #1.

Everyone knows they only send the ink.

My brother got a haircut
Done with pinking shears
He looks just like a Beatle
With rather fancy ears!

Old song

She sounds like fun to me, albeit a tad on the weird side. Like “Phoebe” on Friends or something.