The Straight Dope On Why We Circumcise Boys

You people just don’t understand. He has the Truth, he has the Light, and it is in his Pants. (Think Kids in the Hall, here.)

Out of curiousity, why do you think this is a pro-circ argument? You acknowledge that some people are happier with their foreskins and that some regret not having the choice. You say you were circumsized as an adult and found happiness. So, obviously the choice is to leave babies alone and allow men to make their own decisions.

After all, that’s the only way for everyone to be happy. If you circumsize everyone, some people are always going to wonder what could have been and be unhappy about it.

Also, I’m another woman who doesn’t care about your penis anywhere near as much as you do. (Cut, uncut, whatever.) That’s two in this thread alone, which outnumbers your one. Which by your standards means you lose, I guess. (Since we can’t be having with research and facts.)

I’m sorry you’re so angry, audreyayn. :smiley:

Speaking for myself, I was circumcised as a toddler for what I am told were medical reasons. I’ve always wondered what it would have been like had I not been.

Didn’t Shakespeare have a play on this very subject?

“Much Ado About Nothing”

Has anyone else noticed that anyone who disagrees with jack321 is angry and in denial. Wow.

Two people have said “penii” The plural form of penis is penes. Like thesis and theses.

I don’t suppose that you’ve considered the possibility that you’ve just spent so much time yanking your own crank that you’ve reduced the sensitivity of your glans to the point that you just couldn’t tell the difference anymore?

Thank you, Strinka. That one makes me cringe, as well, but I was hoping that those posts were using “penii” sarcastically.

Oh, and I’m sorry to see you are so angry.

The train of logic in this thread makes my head hurt. In fact, there is a distinct possibility that the OP is displaying circular logic that infinitely doubles back on itself and disappears up its own fundamental.

It is making me angry and I suspect I may never get past it and be happy with myself.

How strange that is comes as no surprise to hear that you have posted this “letter” on hundreds of sites. I am sure they are all suitably grateful.

Not very nice to call people trolls, is it?

:eek: Was I surprised!!
:smack: I didn’t know that one could post over three thousand words!
:rolleyes:
:dubious:
:stuck_out_tongue: Of course I haven’t biother to read this post
:smiley:

Allow me to sum up the OP for you, ouryL.

jack321 was uncircumcised and anti-circumcision until he was twenty. He masturbated a lot. When he was twenty, he had himself circumcised. Now he is pro-circumcision. He still masturbates a lot.

Anyone want to take any bets on how long (or short) jack is going to be with us? Posters who display an early propensity for posting about their penes generally don’t last long on these boards.

Well no I wont last long cause I only have a 30 guest trial then I am gone. Anyhow I am gone anyway because This board is called “the straight dope” but then it’s only full of liers and people who want nothing to do with the straight dope. I am the only person on here so far that I have had contact with that actually stuck to the whole idea of the straight dope…

Somebody metioned something about me masturbating alot! I never said I did that alot. so where did that person come up with that. Out of his little mind…that’s where. Because all of you are so upset with me that I am telling the truth that it drives you crazy and you can’t handle it.

My guess is you will respond to this with another insult to me and another attack on my circumcison facts. And you will do so because you live in the dark and not the light and your entire lives consist of going from one lie to the next in order to live your life hating God and all that he stands for.

My review on this forum gets a big Thumbs Down and I will be sure to spread the word as I go on my way.

Well no I wont last long cause I only have a 30 guest trial then I am gone. Anyhow I am gone anyway because This board is called “the straight dope” but then it’s only full of liers and people who want nothing to do with the straight dope. I am the only person on here so far that I have had contact with that actually stuck to the whole idea of the straight dope…

Somebody mentioned something about me masturbating alot! I never said I did that alot. so where did that person come up with that. Out of his little mind…that’s where. Because all of you are so upset with me that I am telling the truth that it drives you crazy and you can’t handle it.

My guess is you will respond to this with another insult to me and another attack on my circumcison facts. And you will do so because you live in the dark and not the light and your entire lives consist of going from one lie to the next in order to live your life hating God and all that he stands for.

My review on this forum gets a big Thumbs Down and I will be sure to spread the word as I go on my way.

Jack, c’mon, man! All people are doing is asking you for some facts they can verify to back up your assertion, or disagreeing with your premise in their absence. You don’t really think that everyone who disagrees with you hates God and all that he stands for, do you?

You know, this board probably has more discussions of foreskin than a mohel. (Is that the right term?)

How does anybody go from ‘we disagree with you due to your tendency to generalize, and your inability to support your claims’ to ‘You all hate God’?

I hate God? I guess that means I should tear up that contract I have with him. Then again, I’d rather not as His duly appointed representative drew up said contract on my penis.

Maybe white-out?

Eraser?

Indeed it is. It’s pronounced ‘MOY-ull’. While Rabbis are often cheerful, most mohels are angry bitter men. I once asked a retired mohel why this was. “Every day I went to work, and had to deal with a bunch of little pricks.”

I am Jack’s complete lack of foreskin.

Okay, so I’ve always wanted to be first to post this.

Whereas those who started with other obsessions and gradually came to cocktypage at a later date are honored as elder statesmen. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh no! We will get a poor reputation among the Foreskin-Obsessed. I thought we could recover from losing JDT, but now I fear the SDMB will forever have to do without multipage discussions about a little piece of skin at the end of a penis. :frowning: How will Great Debates stay great now?

Firstly, I am not a dude. The feminine user name should have been a hint.

Secondly, your assumption that anyone who disagrees with you is an in-denial male pretty much says it all when it comes to your argument: you don’t have one. You have an opinion and you’re not even prepared to back it up with anything other than ‘you’re wrong, I’m right’.

If you’d actually read what’s written here you’d see that most people are just asking for you to provide some kind of facts. That’s not lying. However, presenting your own personal opinion as fact could well fall under that category.

God told you to bring the light of circumcision to the masses? Well, hey, in that case forget backing up your argument with proof. Sorry, dude, we were out of line.

What an odd response. You came into this forum, posted your thing, didn’t receive an all-embracing response and somehow we’re at fault for valuing facts over emotion?

I feel sorry for you that you’d prefer petty revenge to just moving on and accepting that not everyone is prepared to see things your way.

Good luck on the other forums; I’ve no doubt you’ll find one that suits you better.