Want to see avatars on the SDMB? Here's a script.

ChileanBlob, it looks like you have one of the jacked up viglink urls in your link right now, which isn’t going to work. Just copy and paste this:

SDMB Avatar: http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo191/TheChileanBlob/blob2.jpg

I would just like to reiterate my comment from the other thread that this is awesome and I am very appreciative.

I would just like to say that although I had a pretty nice avatar assigned to PlainJain, her own is very cool–a detail from graffitist/painter Phresha.

Thank you, Giraffe! blows kiss

Why thank you! Yep, I love Phresha’s work. I thought I’d better crop that one a bit to stay clean. :wink:

Also, I am willing to help out with creating avatars for posters. If anyone is interested just let me know.

Are you able to do something from scratch?

Just to say, this works extremely well, and the size customisation is easy, I’ve put it up to 100. Thanks!

Does this work for Chrome on iOS?

Depends – on what you mean by “scratch”.

Thanks again Crazyhorse for your work. I am planning to set my avatar view at 100x100 as well.

That’s where I have mine, it really does look better.

I’m after a caricature of a BAe 146 jet, sort of like this but without specific airline markings. I’m having trouble finding any other examples.

I’m after a caricature of a BAe 146 jet sort of like this but without specific airline markings. I’m having trouble finding other examples.

If you want me to draw something for you, the answer is no. If you want me to make you a picture, find a picture of something, I can size it down, or find a picture of what you like, then yeah.
BTW, anyone else not having avatars showing up right now?

Yup. I’m seeing a little vBulletin marker.

Yeah no worries. I’ll keep looking around for something.

It seems like I spot a new avatar every time I come to the SDMB these days. Keep it up!

If all you want is that caricature but without the AA on the tail, it would be pretty easy to Photoshop that out. (I’m not volunteering because I don’t have Photoshop but I’m just saying, if you do, or you have a friend who could do it, it would be pretty simple.)

Does anyone know where OSX stores scripts for Chrome?

I think here:

~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions

I don’t have a Mac OS machine here to verify but that is where it will be, and I’m pretty sure it will be named by Chrome as an ID number as described for Windows in an earlier post.