Was The First-Ever Interracial Kiss Really In Star Trek?

I think there would have been more of a reaction had they had a black male character kiss Yeoman Rand. And is it me, or did she always looked stoned?

What constitutes “different races”? If you consider Hispanic/Latino a racial group then I suspect the first interracial kiss may have taken place on I Love Lucy.

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by John Carter of Mars *
**FWIW, I saw the “Kiss Episode” of Star Trek on the occasion of its initial airing. snip
Same here in North Carolina. I think this “banning story” is urban legend trying to show how backwards southerners are.

I’m sure there were black-white smooches in the movies before 1969. Heck, you could catch a glimpse of Sidney Poitier and what’s-her-face sucking face in the back of the taxicab near the beginning of Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner, which came out in 1967.

Um … has Shatner ever delivered a line where he didn’t overact … with … too … manypauses! ?

On the ABC daytime drama One Life to Live, Ellen Holly, who joined the cast in 1969, played a black secretary who passes for white, and who is in love with her white boss. Whether this led to a kiss and when, I do not know. But whole “passes for white” thing dissipates the issue.

I’m with some of the other guys here. What makes an interracial kiss have to be between white-black. I think the other 70% of the world’s population is feeling left out here.