We Have Lost A Friend

… I’m not sure what to say, but my thought’s are with you and with his friends and family.

:frowning:

What a loss. My thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family…
dave

I also don’t know what to say. :frowning:

I am so sorry.

I also enjoyed poopah chalupa’s posts and feel as if I have lost a dear friend.

My deepest, most heart-felt sympathies and condolences to his wife, family and close friends.

Rest in peace, Scott.

damn

Oh lord.

This is too sad for words.

He has one of the best user names, and good posts to go along with it.

He will be missed.

I am so sorry. There are no other words.

That’s awful. He seemed like a very nice person re his posts.

Here one moment and gone the next. Sometimes we forget there are real live people behind the posts on the other side of the keyboard.

I’m sorry that I didn’t have a real chance to get to know him. He must have been really something special. My heart is with all of you who are grieving.

So sorry, Scotticher.

I don’t think I ever chatted with him. But just this morning I saw his name as the originator of a thread and the same thing happened as always happened when I read his name. Remember that old song, “After the lovin’”? It always goes through my head when I read his name. “Well, I’ll sing you a song… poopah chalupa…”

Although I don’t recall any conversations with him, I know he was a valued member of the boards. And his username always made me laugh.

So long, Scott.

Scotti, please send condolences to his family.

I see his last thread has been made sticky for a week or so. I was only just getting to know poopah chalupa, and I’m sorry I’ll never have the opportunity to know him better.

Scottisher, you’ve shown me so much kindess when I’ve needed it. Please allow me to return some of that too you. You’ve got my e-mail address I think, and if not, it’s in my profile. Thank you for giving us a chance to mourn him. I’ll keep you and poopah chalupa’s family in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care, my friend,
CJ

My best to his family and friends. His posts were always worth reading.

Scott is so many things to me. He has always been there for me, always, through good times and bad. Through my mom’s illness, he was there. He gave me his encouragement and expressed a confidence in me that took me by complete surprise. He wasn’t the only one, but he was a huge part in my emotional recovery from that incident. He made me smile when I thought I’d never smile again.

He said once that I was a poster who had always touched his soul and made him smile. I could say the same of him. When I announced my engagement, he said he knew no one that deserved such happiness more than me. He always did think too highly of me, but that’s what got me. His love, his understanding, his patience, his amazing ability to lift my spirits and hold them there. I love him, truly. And I always will. He is so special to me and I am experiencing a sadness so deep I’ll never describe it.

Scott is a rare and beautiful soul, a true friend who I will miss dearly.

Oh my. This is a shock. I never really interacted with poopah, iether. I’m sorry I’ll never have a chance to get to know him better. His posts were always enjoyable for me when I would see them.

Hugs and my best wishes to Scotticher and his family and friends. What shocking news. :frowning:

I’m at such a loss as to what to say here. I’m so terribly, terribly sad. He was such an incredibly nice man. He’s been in my home. He picked Scotticher up from the airport and saw that she got to her hotel ok when she came to L.A. for my wedding in May, but I missed seeing him then because we were so busy with all the final details. And worse yet, I didn’t get to reply to his sweet mention of me in his final thread, so he doesn’t know how thankful I am for his company and his kindness. :frowning:

Fuck.

Scott, I am thankful for having known you. May your soul be blessed for all eternity for all the love and friendship you brought to those whose lives you touched. Rest in peace.

i am so sorry to hear this…

i will keep him. his family, and all who loved him in my thoughts and prayers.

His favorite Simon and Garfunkel song was Kathy’s Song.

One verse from it:

God go with you and comfort you, Scotticher. May your friendship with Scott live always in your heart.

Damn. His family will be in our prayers, as will you, Scotti. :frowning:

I wish I hadn’t come to the board today. This is too sad. Scott was always so sweet. All during my treatments he sent me emails asking how I was doing. I had him at the top of my Dopers I want to meet face to face list.

Scotticher please know you are in my thoughts and prayers as Scott’s family is.

Think I’ll have a good cry now myself.