Which commercials do you find very Very VERY annoying?

Since we seem to have a trend of medicine related commercails:

“Tell you doctor if you have some serious condition that may make this medicine kill you”

Excuse me, but shouldnt my doctor already know that?

“Not to be taken by those unhealthy enough for sexual activity”

Ok, can I just have the bullet now then?

The commercial that most recently gave me a sense of revulsion was the one where everyone is stuck at the airport, but someone pulls out some Christmas-themed singing doodad and suddenly everybody is filled with good cheer.

I know what I would be feeling if I were stuck at the airport and saw one of those vile things, and good cheer AIN’T it.

All those 1-800 commercials in general are a pain in the ass.

I am amazed by the one with Sally Field is telling me what a hardship it is to take a pill once a week.
: :dubious:

Good one.

The one I hate has a car with a ribbon on it parked in front of a house, with two stupid women wondering who it is if for. I’d laugh like hell if some kids drove by and shot out all the windows. There are lots of radio ads, for Mercedes in the past, with people giving each other cars like they were thrift shop glassware. I live in the Bay Area, but the Bubble is long gone morons. As if I didn’t have enough reasons not to buy a Mercedes.

They are pretty yummy, though.
Let’s not forget those stupid jewelry commercials for Kay Jewelers where he gives her this plain, boring necklace-it’s just three little stones on a string-but they’re DIAMONDS, so of course it’s the BEST GIFT EVAR!!!

Please. If you’re going to spend that kind of money, get me some obscure, rare books that I’ve been looking for. Or if it has to be jewelry, some pretty, antique costume jewelry.

But don’t spend a wad on a dinky looking necklace that costs a fortune from one of the most corrupt industries in existance.

The PS3 ads. Why do they bother? Unless you get one off of eBay for a gazillion dollars, you can’t buy them, they’re sold out! Nor do I see anything in the ads spectacular enough to make me want to peel off 6 or 7 large ones just to own the thing even if it were available. (Not that I’ll buy Sony products anyway, after their stupid DRM crap.)

:::dropping to one knee:::

Marry me?

Yeah, fuck jewelry commercials, especially Jared: The Galleria of Jewelry (do you guys get those outside of Florida?). The women are always bragging about how their fiances and husbands got them some mah-velous diamonds from Jared, and then the other woman (who is assumed to also have a diamond) gets pissed at her husband because he didn’t get hers from Jared (presumably it isn’t as good as her show-off “friends”). In a radio spot, a woman says she’d hate to get the same diamond all her friends have, so the man in her life had better get it from Jared (or it is implied there will be hell to pay). Fuck Jared, fuck the diamond industry, and fuck these materialistic bitches who have been trained to demand overpriced rocks from the men in their life, as a means of knowing they are “loved.”

Right now, the cell-phone commercial about dropped calls where the prospective son-in-law feels the need to make up a nickname for his future father-in-law “Jim.” Stupid.
(Don’t bring up “This is Our Country.”)

Anyone see the Wal-Mart commercial where they’re essentially saying they’re holier-than-Target because they allow Salvation Army bellringers on the premises? At least, I assume that’s their message. Whatever spin they were trying to put on it was lost on me because the first time I saw it, I had to change the channel about seven seconds in. It was either that or do bodily harm to my tv. The commercial starts out with one bellringer ringing his shrill little bell and then a few more bellringers join in and a few more and…Arghhh! How can anyone make it the whole way through that commercial without losing their sanity?

Move over, Head On. There’s a new most annoying commercial in town. :rolleyes:

But you have to set aside time to take that pill! That simply won’t do now, will it?

All Ipod commercials.

All Target commercials.

All Gap commercials.

All Old Navy commercials.

Also, any commercial that flashes pictures on the screen at the rate of more than one per second (almost all movie trailers these days). Are they trying to induce seizures?

Oh, and that one for the toenail fungus stuff. My God, what are they thinking on that one?

“He went to Jared!” Yeah, we get them in PA too. I hate the one where she dumps an hor’deurve in her hubby’s drink because HE didn’t buy her jewelry at Jared.

Way to make women look like gold-digging, greedy bitches.

This thread reappears about every few months, with the same content: people complaining about how much they hate specific commercials, but they have obviously spent a lot of their time watching (and memorizing) those commercials they claim to hate.

Why?

The TV remote control has been around for over 50 years now. All of them have a ‘mute’ button. You can easily shut off the sound, or tune to another channel or whatever, if the commercial bothers you.

But it appears some people would rather waste their time watching the commercial, then whine about it afterwards! Well, feel free. But don’t expect a lot of sympathy for a ‘problem’ that you could easily avoid.

I knew exactly which commercial the OP was talking about just from the title of the thread and I have to say, I agree 100%. It took me almost a month to figure out he was saying the word ‘very’. Most of what I watch on TV is sports, and this commercial is on a lot. Makes me want to stab sharp objects into my brain.

BTW, there’s actually a series of 3 or 4 commercials featuring the same guy. Each is more annoying than the last.

I’ve always assumed that woman has given into her holiday blues, and is indulging her death wish.

Count me in on the jewelry store ad hate as well, especially Kay, Zales, and their ilk. I have no particular yen for diamonds, but if you must buy me one, at least don’t get it at the freakin’ mall, okay?

All car commercials

All commercials for cleaning products that show the users having a wonderful time with big smiles on their faces doing… housecleaning!

I haven’t seen the commercial, but just reading about it makes me hate it. Walmart probably lets the Salvation Army guys hang around in order to assuage their guilt over the economic slavery Walmart inflicts on its employees.

I hate any cough/cold medicine that shows the husband as a complete moron. The message is usually that mother has to hurry up and get better before her family burns the house down. There was one cold medicine commercial a few years back where a shot of the family baby morphed into the husband, just creepy on many, many levels.

The Christmas commercial, though I have no idea what it’s for, where Santa Claus wakes up a little girl to ask her where her parents got their chesterfield or their dish set or their carpet or something, and the little girl looks up and says, in an excruciatingly OBVIOUS fake speech impediment that the director probably thought would sound cute but actually sounds like nails on a chalkboard;

“Santa? Is that WEEEAWWWWYYY YOU?”

I want to punch the child.

We have that chain matress store Sleep Country, up here in Canada and both the radio and television ads are done by the president of Sleep Country ( Canada ), Christine McGee. The ads also feature some dork who reacts with an air of increduility at the prices and products that Christine’s trying to hawk this week.

They’ve been playing the same ads over and over and over…for years.

And now when I hear or see one, I’m truely horrified at what my imagination has come up with as means to dispatch the both of them.

John Sleemen of Sleemen’s brewery is also firmly in my crosshairs too.