Whoa, that was a long time ago!

My birthdate is closer to the moon landing than it is today.

The incoming freshman class was born in 1987. I’ve had discussions with other, ah, older people about how these kids have never known a life without the Internet or cable news.

When I was their age, I had to settle for once-a-day network news and the library. Hmph. :mad:

Robin

A couple of weeks ago I was visiting my SIL and saw her high-school yearbook. “You looked just like Belinda Carlisle,” I commented on her short, teased-up blonde hair-do.

“Who’s Belinda Carlisle?” asked SIL’s friend. (Who is, btw, old enough to be married and about to have a baby.) “Oh, the Go-go’s–didn’t they sing that song ‘Wake me up before you go go?’ – What’s Wham? George Michael, no, I’ve never heard of him either.”

Argh, I am so old.

I was in the car with college roommate and the Sheryl Crow song “All I Want to Do” came on. Now we were listening to the classic rock station. With hits you remember from when you were a kid, not when we were kids. That song was all that aired when I was in like 3rd or 4th grade. I looked over at her and asked if that made her feel old. She said it did. I seconded that notion. it was strange.

Well, that makes me feel even older, since I was already grown up when All I wanna do became a hit. And I think of it as a pretty new song (anything that came out after I finished college is ‘pretty new.’)

I’m 16. Geezers, all of you! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m having trouble coming to terms with the fact that my parents are now well into their 40s. Last time I checked, they were 36 and 34. Erk.

[geezer]Get off the damn lawn![/geezer]

The thing that always makes me feel old is back to the future. I remember sitting in the theater with my friends watching it clearly.

But in the movie he went back to '55. Way back in time, thirty years earlier. Into a whole different era. However the movie came out in 85, twenty years ago. But those 20 years are like nothing, it was just yesterday. Reconciling those two numbers freaks me out that some kid born a couple years ago will be sitting in a theater in 2015, at twelve years old thinking about 85 like I did about 55.

I knew I was old but…DAMN

I graduated college in 1973… At the age 27! Married, kid, post USAF. Heck, I lived a whole live before that. I’m sure I didn’t sign up for the “OLD” option :eek:

:eek: :eek:

It all just goes to show… Once you’re over the hill you pick up speed. It looks like some of you have, unknowingly, joined me on this luge… to… the next stop. :smiley:

I’m 38 today.

In two years I shall be 40.

It’s enough to make me want to curl up in a corner and cry. I’ve already warned Ivylad I want to take a cruise for my 40th birthday. Maybe that will help me get through it.

After the 21st, birthdays really don’t mean much, do they?

For me, it’s the little things that surprise me how much time has passed. A while ago, I saw an add for the 10th anniversary of Toy Story. 10th Anniversary!!! That just…doesn’t seem right.

Tempus do fugit, donit?

Since we’re dancing around the topic, who’s the geezeriest geezer geezing 'round these boars, anyway? I’ve got a few in mind…

I’m probably spelling his name wrong, but I think Dave (or is it David) Simmons (or is it Simons)?

Ivylad and I saw that ad. We looked at each other and just shook our heads.

I think it really hit home for me when my music (early to mid 80s) started showing up in Time Life anthology CDs. Bleah.

Happy Birthday! I am one day younger than you.

My parents are going to retire in a couple years, and I’m still in college. They were both born during WWII. It sort of makes me a geezer by proxy.

I was born in 1959, It’s hard to believe that cars that were built when I was in college are eligible for “Historical Vehicle” (25+ years old) plates. The first “Sternvogel” family car I remember was a '59 Chevy wagon that didn’t have seatbelts. For a kid of today, riding in that vehicle with his parents would be comparable to me having been driven to Grandma’s or the dime store* in a 1913 Model T. When my sweetie, Long Time First Time, was a little girl, her father had to have turn signals installed in the late-40’s Chevrolet he still used as a “daily driver”.

• speaking of references that serve to establish me as an “old dude” to the youth of today

I know what you mean. Someday, when I’m old I’ll be telling kids “You call that music? It’s noise! Back in my day, we had Def Leppard, Rod Stewart, Pat Benatar, and Twisted Sister. Now that was music!” :smiley:

Thank god. I was wondering when I was finally going to get my floating skateboard.

And self drying jacket. Don’t forget about that.