Why Am I Suddenly Craving Jello?

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by occ *
Society in general, as was mentioned above, considers that comment perfectly acceptable.

[quote]
No, I don’t think “society in general” thinks that’s a perfectly acceptable statement. If pregnancy speculation was deemed totally OK I wouldn’t see people stumbling over themselves wondering if a co-worker is pregnant or not, but afraid to ask straight out. I think MEN think pregnancy is funny and fair game for jokes. Pregnancy is NOT a joking matter to most women I know.

Nor was my OP an invitation to speculate on my reproductive status, any more than a statement that I’d like to buy a new pair of jeans is an invitation to speculate on my sex life.

When I was fifteen the comment was probably even MORE offensive to me that it is today - really, the idea of being pregnant at fifteen was horrifying, I couldn’t see how ANYONE would think that funny or something to joke about.

Tell me, when a woman throws up, do you make a crack about her having morning sickness, too?

If she excuses herself to go to the bathroom, is it because she’s pregnant or because it’s been 8 hours since the last time and the tank only holds so much?

I hope you all had your giggle. Think thread is hopelessly hijacked. Mods, please close it. I’ll know better than to ask next time.

Wow moody too…she MUST be pregnant <ducking and running > :slight_smile:

Your package is in the mail, jonpluc

Wow. My needless-offense-O-meter just broke.

Honestly, how the hell are people meant to know your life history before posting a flippant comment?

I think you should at least accept people’s apologies.

ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew

Broomstick…its my understanding that a woman can still have several period cycles while she is pregnant. I could be wrong about that but if it is correct, shall i assume you will be sending me at least say…3 months worth of “shipments” to indeed prove that your not pregnant? Plus ill need another DNA sample like hair or something to insure “the shipments” actually yours… Boy this proving your not pregnant thing is harder than one might think, but this is the straight dope after all and cites and evidence are required. <ducking and running for the hills> :slight_smile: OK end of hijack i promise…maybe

I really do think continuing in this manner is inappropriate. Why does no one ever listen to me? :rolleyes:

Well if you’re diabetic or pre-diabetic you could be craving the water and cold weather will tend to dehydrate you. Another possibility is that although you are not pregnant, your tapeworm is and “Tapey” knows there’s always room for Jello as she releases thousands of her egg cases into your digestive tract.

Others feel the Jello call as well