"Yeppers" -- Whaters?

I have heard it but never use it. Another interesting thing, I’ve never heard it used by a male.

Yeah dude, that shit’s hella stoopid.

Ugh, I hate that word. My apologies to people in this thread that have already said they use it, but in my experience, it’s the KIND of person who uses it - not the region. You know, the cheerful people with a perma-smile on their face who answer the question in a sing-songy chirp: “yeppers!!” :::flashbacks to an old boss (a man):::

Oh yeah, and I’m from Iowa too.

Wow. Darn close. I grew up in Almond–about 5 miles from Plainfield. Right now I’m going to school Way The Fuck Up North in Ashland (on Lake Superior, near Bayfield and the Apostle Islands)

Where are you?

Lunatic, would that be Northland College? I thought about going there.

Sleddy is from Stevens Point, and is probably the only person in that town I haven’t drank with. ( Damn it Sledman, when are we going to pound a few?)
I love the Almond/Bancroft area, potato fields as far as the eye can see.

Ahh…but Wahoo is mistaken. I have lived in Pointski many a year but I am originally from…

Wait for it…

wait for it…

are you ready for this…

I mean you Lunatic…

**Almond **

That’s right Sledman is a proud Graduate of the Almond-Bancroft School District. Graduating with the other 28 people in his class. Spending 2 years of his life making the bus trip to Bancroft. Strange Days indeed!!!

What are the freaking odds…

Ok…I’m off to open another thread regarding this matter and will no longer hijack this one.

My apologies pugluvr

Ohh and Wahoo…Your heading for Rhinelander when???

My dad (central PA) says it all the time, but no one else in my family does.

I’m from Nebraska, (I can see Iowa from here!) a lot of people around here say yeppers, I seldom do.

I grew up in Racine, WI. I never heard “yeppers”, but it’s been about fifteen years since I’ve been there. I remember “yah-hey”. I used to say it all the time, and when I moved to California, it was quite easy for people to figure out my state of origin, doncha know.:wink:

I live in Oklahoma and one of my friends said it and I hit him right in the face.

I’m going to Rhinelander Fri. the 24th and returning the 26th, Sledster, for my whole 2 big days of deer hunting. If you’re going to be in Point either of those days, let me know. E-mail me so we can quit hijacking this poor thread.

I’m from St Louis, MO.

My sister says “yeppers” but I never have. On occasion, I do say “yep-yep” though.

I went to Northern California a couple of weeks ago, and it seems “hella” is every other word in people’s speech. And some people say suppers or what’s uppers.

I’m far too dignified for yeppers, although an occasional yup does occasionally slip out.

Jeepers, sounds like you went a little bonkers, when a simple “Shaddeppers!” would have sufficed.

Another Iowan here, and I just started hearing “yeppers” (accent on the first syllable though) from a good friend.

It’s not catching on here – she’s the only one I’ve heard say it.

If “yeppers” manages to replace “exactly”, I’ll be happy.