You're indestructible. What do YOU want to do?

Go to outer space.

If there wasn’t a lot of pain involved, be a crash test dummy (hook up electrodes to measure what my muscles do when)

A lot of you seem to be ignoring a problem that Otto hinted at in his mention of water pressure. As the OP says, you do not have superhuman strength. If you went to a great enough depth in the ocean you’d be stuck there, pinned to the bottom by the pressure. Unable to move and unable to die! The same thing goes for the Sun (or Jupiter). If you went too close, you’d be sucked in and be unable to leave and unable to die. And we haven’t determined yet if you can feel pain! This invulnerability stuff may be a mixed blessing. Instead of being able to be careless, you may find that you have to especially careful to avoid being stuck in some unpleasant situation for a very long time.

Well, that’s simple. Peddle myself out as a bodyguard to the fabulously wealthy, until I myself become fabulously wealthy.

After that, its all about the relaxing in my mansion, doing insanely dangerous tasks.

To be more specific, swim with the hammerheads in the Gulf of Mexico during mating season.

Surf a tsunami.

Give a non-declawed Maine Coon a bath.

For miney, I’d do some jobs that would normally need be done by insanely expensive robotoc systems – like swapping out spent fuel rods in nuclear plants, patching holes in toxic holding tanks, etc.

Another question kinda like the pain one – Might I myself become highly radioactive and deadly to anyone nearby? Then I’d have to rethink, as I don’t want to kill off all my friends.

I think the stuntman idea is the best, and you get to have a cool permanent film record of your best stuff. A variation of this would be to be a REAL Super Dave Osborn, an apparent clown who gets in over his head doing dangerous stunts.

For recreation – lava swimming, diving and juggling. Also, I think it might be cool to see a hydrogen bomb go off right under my ass – see how far I can fly!

Also. could I starve to death if I got stuck somewhere? Or figure out a way to otherwise kill myself if I got tired of it all? Would I be a true immortal? Would I weaken with age?

Day one: Prepare fugu for me and all my friends.

Day two : Prepare fugu for me.

Pay a visit to Fred Phelps et al and make them see the error of their way. Then I’d go after child abusers and other baddies.

Annoying nitpicks from the brain that scares me (step AWAY from the brain…)

Would your sperm be indestructible, as well? If so, would the inevitable progeny that resulted be indestructible as well, or only half? which half?

would your bodily waste be indestructible (yichhh)?

Maybe you couldn’t feel pain, but could you feel cold? Heat? would your skin get pruny if you spent too much time in the water? would your skin texture be soft as usual, or hard? What about friction; could you feel friction? Would you ever get tired? Could drugs or alcohol affect you?

If I could ignore all these questions, I would say I would probably spend a great deal of my time swimming in the oceans all over the world, but especially tropical ones.

Nope. That’s the first thing I thought of too. All bow down before Monica!

Light self on fire, run around my school.

Crash a plane into the ground in such a way that it creates a gigantic fireball, and then walk away from the flaming wreckage.

Jump in front of cars speeding down the highway at 100 mph.

Throw myself on a live grenade, charge people to see it.

If I were indestructible, I’d presumably not need air water or food because lack of those could destroy you. What I think I’d do is get myself a list of the world’s worst dictators and scumbags and start with the top of the list – which would probably be Mugabe or Kim Jong Il. I’d go to visit them, grab them, and start pounding the shit out of them. I wouldn’t kill them, just hurt them badly and make them very sorry they’re alive and in my grasp. I wouldn’t stop until they’d gone on television, confessed all their sins, and left the country (i.e., I’d still be pounding on them as they did these things … you can’t trust these bastards). Being indestructible, no one would be able to stop me from beating up the bastids. Then I’d go to the next one on my list. I’d also be more or less immortal which is a good thing, because there’s a lot of ass-whoopin’ needed out there.

Couple dozen guys like me, and the world would be a much nicer place.

I’ve thought about this since I was a little kid, and I’d be the best friggin’ stuntman ever (even better than dwc1970 :slight_smile: ). Being tossed around and smashed threw concrete pillars sounds like lots of fun, but I’m not quite sure how reckless I’d want to be…no jumping off the Empire States Building or anything like that for me. Well, unless I was being paid.

If it did mean ability to survive without oxygen and the like, than checking out and exploring the other planets in our solarsystem does seem like a really cool and fun idea. But I figured I’d be too lonely, so I’d probably stick to home.

Untill they realize that their bullets aren’t hurting you and start dropping bombs on you. Bombs may not kill you, but they MIGHT knock you unconsious. Even if they do not, they can easily throw a net on you or have several guys that are much stronger than you grab you and tie you up. Like I said before, being indestuctable doesn’t make you invulnerable. At the very least they could send some people to capture your family and use them to cause you psychological harm. Torture or rape of your family in front of your eyes while you are chained to a wall with water dripping on your forehead and loud “noise” blasting through speakers at all hours of the day may change plans.

Go up to members of an LA street gang and say, “Aren’t you Richard Simmons’ friend, Richard Simmons?”

hey, man, indestructible means indestructible. You wanna quibble, you’re not playing the game.

Well, if he’s beating the crap out of their Beloved Leader it’s doubtful they’d be doing a lot of shooting or bombing, but “drop a net on him” was the first thing that came to mind.

Although were I so enmeshed I would simply cut through the net using the edge of my indestructible finger nails. Jungle red.

I hadn’t thought of indestructible finger (and toe) nails. Couls we ourselves clip them? I would guess not.

So after a number of years we might me almost helplessly immobilized by [gargantuan, untrimmable fingernails.](www.angelfire.com/mn2/ melissasnails/)

I don’t even want to thinkabout nose hair.

Just bite your nails with your indestructible teeth. Same for your nose hair, once it gets long enough.

Interesting replies, all. Thanks! Lotta great ideas, here.

I just wonder if I should start a second thread, dealing with how to abuse pure Superman-style powers. (Invulnerability, PLUS super-strength, flight, and…I dunno. There are a couple of more, I think. Something with his eyes, if I remember right.) Any takers?

I will only play in your new thread if you go with pre-Crisis Superman, because he just isn’t Superman without his super-ventriloquism.