You're indestructible. What do YOU want to do?

I’m not sure why you think the water pressure at great depth would trap you down there -water is incompressible so the density of the water remains the same regardless of depth, so it’s not like it becomes thick as peanut butter or something like that. Sure, your air filled lungs would be squeezed to the size of peanuts, but hey, you’re indestructible, so you may as well fill up your airspaces with water on the way down. The DSRVs used by oceanographers and the navy don’t have huge propellers to tool around at depth - they can move around quite easily regardless of the pressure.

X-Ray vision. How could you forget the ability to see through women’s clothing?

:wink:

Super Derleth is an idea. I assume I have the power to fly, now just to leap really high. (Because originally (way the hell back when), Supes only could leap high. Flight came when jumping became dull, or something.) And that I can do all of the other Superman stuff, of course. (Including time-reversal and other powers that makes no sense. ;))

Well, first I’d make another list:
[ul]
[li]No ducking guns. Of any kind. It’s demeaning.[/li][li]That implies crime fighting, but I’d limit myself to violent crimes. Crimes against property are usually not worth a true superhero’s time. (See below for one of my particular targets.)[/li][li]Vacations on Io and inside Europa. Heck, I’d get metallic hydrogen and fly into the Giant Red Spot. Possibly all the way to Alpha Centauri or Betelgeuse. After all, if I can reverse time by making the Earth spin backwards, what’s Relativity to me? (Don’t worry: I’d sterilize my skin by swinging by the sun. My super-vision should see microbes anyway.)[/li][li]Walking up to Bush with an anti-Bush sign. I am a free-speech zone.[/li][li]Walking up to North Korea’s latest Kim with a collection of little tools. Repeat with every other evil gangster in the world.[/li][li]Repeat the above with all child abusers I can find.[/li][li]By this time, international attention will be focused on me rather sharply. I should be able to garner massive ratings by personally hauling people in pressurized capsules into space. How many people would pay to see an American Idol winner go into orbit, and how many people would pay to have him stay there? ;)[/li][li]Three words: Mosh with wolverines.[/li][li]Semi-truck slamdance.[/li][li]Industrial music with ore crushers and drill presses and other obscenely large and dangerous pieces of moving metal.[/li][li]Eating pyroclastic flows. You know, the red-hot rock around volcanos that flows like semi-liquid glass. I’ve always had an inexplicable urge to eat that stuff.[/li][/ul]

Yah. Mess with the mob, find yourself entombed in concrete under a new sports stadium. Sucks to be you.

[Cafe Society]
This is something that popped into my head after seeing Pirates of the Carribean. The pirates had ‘executed’ Bootstrap Bill by tying him to an anchor and dropping him over the side. But of course, Bill (like the rest of the pirates) was immortal, so he was presumably still down there, tied to his anchor. Might have been quite a relief to him when his son finally broke the curse … But then I realized that the ropes had probably long since rotted away. Bill probably couldn’t swim-most people couldn’t back then. But he would have started the long, long walk along the sea bottom towards dry land. Finally, after years of trudging up and down undersea mountains, finding his way around steep trenches and coral reefs, he finally sees the sun peeking through above him, and feels the sand of a beach ahead. Only a couple more minutes, and he’ll once again feel the breeze on his face! When suddenly-the curse is broken, and he drowns … Sucks to be him, too.
[/Cafe Society]

There was something similar in an episode of Highlander. Two young Frenchmen killed a particularly nasty Nazi officer in WWII by chaining him to something heavy and tossing him in a river. The problem was, he was immortal. So for 50+ years he would drown, revive a few hours later, drown, etc until the chains rusted away in the mid 90’s. By now the Frenchmen who killed him were fairly old men, and were pretty freaked out when the immortal Nazi tracked them down and killed them.

I’d probably become a stuntman. Movie producers would love me, as I wouldn’t need safety equipment, and I’d get paid quite a bit.

If your last name is Bellucci we got a deal.

I’d jump in front of trains and trucks and measure how far the impact throws me.

Doesn’t matter if you can swim or not. Humans naturally float. So as soon as enough ropes rotted away, the pirate would’ve floated up towards the surface.

I doubt the indestructible you would be human anymore. I certainly wouldn’t count on the floating thing.

Humans don’t float very well with water-filled lungs though, as Bill’s are likely to be.

Pain is caused by injury to tissue sending out chemical signals that trigger pain nerves. If nothing injured you, why would you experience pain?

Old age is caused by accumulated damage from many sources. Without being able to be damaged, you wouldn’t die from that either.

I’d take a walk around the world, and like one other poster I’d stop by Afghanistan and pick up a few tens of millions of dollars worth of wanted terrorists. I’d then use the money to build myself a spaceship and tour the solar system. Since I’d be invulnerable, I could skimp on things like life-support and a hull and save alot of money. I would sell the rights to the movie and info I collected along the way, and set sail for interstellar space when I can afford to upgrade my ship enough to make the journey reasonably fast.

Geesh, people don’t like to give up their dreams do they? How are you going to capture terrorists? Are you skilled warriors? So you cannot die. You cannot feel pain. Big deal. Your family can die, your pets can feel pain. You can be captured, manipulated, framed. You can be coerced, tied up, tortured in ways that don’t require you to take physical damage. You can be captured. You have no super strength. Your nails that are indestructible aren’t going to be supersharp, and you will not have super-leverage to cut through steel mesh nets. You can be knocked silly by rocket propelled grenades, you can be run over by a tank and pushed into the ground, where you will be tied up and taken to terrorist HQ. Merely being immortal isn’t going to help you do anything except survive. And depending on what they do to you, that may not the be preference.

Being indestructible isn’t going to make you a super warrior capable of tracking down terrorists and destroying them. Unless you want to give up your life to the goverment, to be trained and used and abused by them. Doesn’t sound like much of a life.

Everyone here thinks too big.

Me? I’d finally change those two sparkplugs at the back of my van’s engine, now that the sharp bits and cramped spaces won’t hurt my hands and foearms.

Then I’d raffle off tickets for the priveledge of driving it into me as fast as you possibly can (but only if it raises enough money to buy a replacement). :wink:

–SSgtBaloo

All the evil things in my posts in this thread are curtesy of all the GMs that have graced my many role playing games across many years. Invunerability is one of the most common abilities sought after those that try to ruin games. A good GM could take even the smallest Achilles heel and turn it into superman’s kryptonite.

Eh…I have a gun and a sword, plus a few daggers duct-taped to my clothing so that they stick out here and there, if I’m stealthy, and only have to face a few dozen people at a time, it would be easy. I can just use the dead terrorists guns for more ammo. Dead people can’t capture you. You can’t be knocked silly by anything becuase something would have to harm you do disrupt your brain to do that. By the time they think of steel nets, if at all, it would be too late, and you can just burn off a regular net, since you don’t have to worry about fire. People hiding in caves on the other side of the planet aren’t going ot have much success going after my family…and blackmail doesn’t work if they can’t get the message to me anyway. Epimetheus- didn’t you just recently chastize a poster for not having any immagination? Shame on you. :smiley:

No DM should ever allow true invulnerability in their campaign as we are talking about in this thread though.

Yes, nice of you to switch from the title GM to DM. Ever play Amber DRPG? Invulnerability is pretty damn easy to get. Dungeons and Dragons isn’t the only game in the world.

As for imagination? Uh, I am showing my imagination. I am showing you that invulnerability is not the great ability you think it is. How is that not showing imagination? I am coming up with specific examples out of thin air? I hardly think a non-creative person could do such a thing.

For example: Knocked silly. Well, yes, you wouldn’t get knocked unconsious. But so what, you would be thrown back several hundred feet, dirt would be flying through the air, chaos, for a time, would confuse your brain. There is more than one kind of damage a brain can recieve, and input overload isn’t something being indestructible is going to protect against. Even with IV, a dozen people would probably take you down. You MIGHT win a few fights, destroy a few cells. Somebody will escape and this legendary invulnerable person will cause a few lips to flap. Ever hear of traps? Ever hear of strategy? Ever hear of using a persons strength against them? Every heard of being too confident? Yes, I am sure a person that rose to the top of a terroist organization knows similar things, and is probably a much better planner.

So lets see, your assumptions. YOu will find the terrorist groups, no problem. Terrorsts live in caves and have no connections to some suberbanite town in the USA and cannot hire somebody to put one little bullet in a few nobodies. Terrorists all congregate in one area, and walking in with a few knifes and or guns, you will be able to kill/capture them all. You will have a flamethrower in case they throw a hemp net on you. They have only once chance to capture you, and you will surprise them. They cannot blackmail you, make you look to be a danger to the USA, and therefore putting them against you, because they will not see you coming. Uh-Huh.

I can imagine quite a few things to do with the power of invulnerability. None of them has me wasting my time chasing down shadows in a desert country trying to hopelessly catch terrorists. You would get lost, you would be attacked mercilessly, and eventually you would be captured. There is no way one man, invulnerable or not, could track down and do more good than the worlds best intelligence agency and military combined. The problems associated with capturing the leaders of the terrorists have nothing to do with our vulnerabilities, and being invulnerable isn’t going to matter much.

Now, the other uses- sure. Space travel is great. Just don’t get stuck in a star’s gravitational field. Or a black hole.

Capturing terrorists, however, if a bit far fetched.

I’d pout. I’d rather be either an immovable object or an unstoppable force.

If I were indestructable…hello NHL! :smiley:

Now this is what I call not being able to enjoy a good fantasy. Being indestructible is really about being able to act without consequence to oneself. Go with it.

Unfortunately the OP has placed limits on the fantasy that we must live with. Indestructible is not the same thing as invulnerable.