Side Effects of Sex?

Aside from the obvious effects of sex - pleasure and reproduction - what are the other side effects? We’ve all heard the cliches of how sex cures acne, sex will make a grumpy person have a better mood, and how guys gotta have it or they’ll suffer. What’s fact and what’s fiction? Does it truly matter whether it’s a solo session or an anonymous partner or one’s true love?

WECOLME TO THE NEW MILLENIUM!, now go home.:rolleyes:

Well, there are all those nasty STD’s. This probably isn’t what you had in mind, but there it is.

That it is unwise to be heedless ourselves while we are giving advice to others, I will show in a few lines.
– Phædrus –

And napping, of course. Particularly on lazy Sunday afternoons.

Rug burns, penis burns (after a 5x session), sneezing (sometimes), leg cramps, and thirst.

I looked in the mirror today/My eyes just didn’t seem so bright
I’ve lost a few more hairs/I think I’m going bald - Rush

Sometimes the handcuffs chafe.

Livin’ on Tums, vitamin E and Rogaine

http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/004831.html

contained a good side effect of sex, reduced irratiblity in women

John Larrigan

“82.35% of all statistics are made up on the spot”–Vic Reeves

The desire for a tobacco product soon afterwards.

Yer pal,
Satan

Yet another topic headed for MPSIMS.

Additionally, in Satan’s previous incarnation, the sex acts would have been discussed liberally on this message board. Sorry pal, I had to say it. Can’t let that wiseacre quotient from dropping too far.

That it is unwise to be heedless ourselves while we are giving advice to others, I will show in a few lines.
– Phædrus –

I find that it makes the sides of my tongue raw and abraded.
:smiley:

Live a Lush Life
Da Chef

That’s why the silk scarves are better. :wink:

-Melin

And the strand of pearls.

Yeah. But leather shrinks when it dries. :slight_smile:

Cartooniverse

If you want to kiss the sky, you’d better learn how to kneel.

Ha Ha Ha :stuck_out_tongue: Don’t forget sore knees. :eek

I was hoping for more clinical type answers.

WECOLME TO THE NEW MILLENIUM!, now go home. :rolleyes:

OK. Increased circulation, muscle activity, hormonal activity, sweat output.

Let’s see…scroll, scroll…OK, we are in GQ, not gossipville next door.

If you let a drunken woman handcuff you to a bed and she doesn’t undo’em before you both zonk out, you’re liable to (I suppose it could be worse) have a numb finger or two and sore wrists for a week. No fun; besides it ain’t that big a thrill anyway.

And I suppose, in certain scenarios, gunshot wounds are possible.

Seriously, I, er, have a friend who, for a couple of years, regularly experienced a strong cramp in the left foot upon orgasm. No obvious psychological underpinnings, and it eventually went away. I finally decided it was just some freak neural circuit that developed and then, somehow, got severed.

beatle, have a woman handcuff you to the bed & she has a heart attack, I guess you’d kinda be stuck.

What is sex?

“Do or do not, there is no try” - Yoda

When I have sex more than five or six times in a row, it tends to make me a little dizzy.

… and I think it makes your nose get real long as well,
because I don’t know what else could be causing this.

I have found that the more often I have sex, the less often I have to shave my palms.

Virtually yours,

DrMatrix

Handy, FYI : what you posted is the subject of Stephen King book “Geralds Game”.