Dead sea rolls

Have the dead sea rolls, found in the 40’s last century, been dated, read/decyphered and analysed ? What were the topics/thema’s of the rolls ?

The Dead Sea Rolls turned out to be stale and inedible, even after they’d been generously slathered with the Dead Sea Butter.

Perhaps if you searched on dead sea scrolls you would find mountains of answers to your questions.

Actually, they were still very gnoshtic.

Have the dead sea scrolls, found in the 40’s last century, been dated, read/decyphered and analysed ? What were the topics/thema’s of the scrolls ?

This thread, and the link therein gives some info.

Cecil on “How come we haven’t heard much about the Dead Sea Scrolls?”

Read them for yourself and find out.

Dead sea rolls with a touch of Wasabi. Mmmmmm. Heaven.

They undoubtedly gave scholars a lot to chew on.

:stuck_out_tongue:

You can’t have them; you’re on a diet.

I can too. Dead sea rolls are fat free.

Yes, but they are full of salt!!! :smiley:

Were they leaven or unleaven?

Dead Sea Rolls. That might explain the long-purged conundrum “Did Jesus Eat Pie?”

Did Jesus eat Phi?

It’s not nice to fool the Virgin Mother.

“Man does not live on bread alone.”

No one knows about bread in groups.

OK, seriously, you’ve already got some links to the Dead Sea scrolls. Quick overview: all of the books of the Old Testament (except for Esther, IIRC) were found, either all or in part, amongst the scrolls… and match very very closely to the versions that we treat as canonical, with only a word or phrase difference here or there. There were also a number of scrolls about life in a religious sect/community.

Some of the scrolls contain material that is very similar to New Testament type of prophecy, but there is no specific match.

The scrolls contain a wealth of information, both in terms of how they were written (Isaiah is on copper, for instance), on scribal differences between the Qumran version and our version of texts, and on life in a religious sect from around 100 BC - 70 AD.

Does that include the Apocrypha?

I’m not sure whether all of the Apocrypha (both Catholic and Orthodox variations) are included, but some certainly are as well as many works considered apocryphal by Jews and all the Christians.
I know that Tobit and Ecclesiasticus (ben Sirach) are there along with the Apocrypha of Moses. I’m not sure of others.

Inventory of Manuscripts from Caves 1 - 11 provides a list, (ordered by the cave where each was found), that you can wade through. I have not yet found a consolidated list ordered from book to cave.