Finding Nemo turning kids on to lesbianism

So, apparently Disney and Pixar are catching some flak for casting Ellen DeGeneres in a voice role in the new film “Finding Nemo.”

http://www.crosswalk.com/news/weblogs/tperrault/?adate=5%2F14%2F2003

Because we all know that if a child hears a lesbian’s voice, he or she will want to be homosexual. :rolleyes:

If it’s wet like a fish and smells like a fish…

hides under the floorboards

Wow, that sure looks like even-handed, intelligent reasoning to me. No sign of assumptions the size of mountains or “Disney ought to be the way I want it because I’m an American so I own Disney”-type thought.

People like that guy give Christians who can think a bad name.

That is such complete and utter bullshit that I am reduced to incoherence:

… … … …

My daughter and I will still go tomorrow.

Somehow I hope she’ll be able to get past this exposure. I can’t shield her forever.

Sunday for us. And I’m bringing a 3-year old girl.

AND MY WIFE!!!

I’m living on the edge here!

So that was Ross from Friends’s big mistake!

That same site also contains an article that starts like this:

Absolutely as fucking stupid as fucking stupid can get.

That’s why I had to stop watching Will and Grace. They almost turned me into one of them thar homer-sexuals.

And the award for most pointless non sequitur of the week goes to…TaxGuy! Congratulations!

…Anyways, on topic, Roger Ebert described the character as a bit of a scatterbrain, so it’s not like the lesbian is using her lesbian superpowers to save the planet or anything that would make lesbianism more alluring. And a young kid seeing this movie possibly wasn’t even alive when Ellen’s pathetic excuse for a TV show finally went off the air, and certainly was as unaware of it as everybody else was who never watches CBS. And this movie actually features a single father who’s the hero, nice positive stuff there.

When Disney has an actual gay or lesbian character in a movie, then the country is ready for this debate (a pointless debate, since Disney is a private company who can do whatever the hell they want in their movies.)

All a kid is going to see is the talking fish anyway, it’s not like they know or care who the voice-actors are. This is some really stupid shit.

I have a feeling someone is going to pop up with some sort of joke about what a lesbian fish tastes like, but I want to assure you it won’t be me.

ahem

Er, actually this isn’t the first time DeGeneres has worked for Disney. Her real live, alternative lifestyle self appeared in a film about dinosaurs shown in one of the EPCOT exhibits that I visited a couple of years ago. Danged if I remember any outraged parents, or their children, shrieking and running out of the auditorium at the sight of her.

Huh? How is that a non sequitur?

It’s a further example of editorial decisions made by the administrators of Crosswalk reflecting a totally insane, bereft-of-logic point of view.

“Married couples file fewer than half of all tax returns, but they pay 74 percent of all taxes.” This represents a disproportionate tax burden? Last time I checked, most married couples had two incomes. They are suggesting that married couples should only have to pay as much tax as a single person, divorcing the concept of income tax from income. How stupid can they be?

It is totally related to the ignorant attitude expressed in the article linked in the OP. Or do you think that they believe gay couples should get a 50% tax-cut, too?

Damn, I was hoping for some hot girl fish/girl fish action … .

Guess I have to go see the Italian Job instead. I wonder what it’s about? It sure sounds dirty … .

Five more recruits and I get a toaster. I wonder what Ellen’s going to get with all those points accrued seducing children to the Lavender Side (dark is sooooooo 15 minutes ago).

Wow, gays and lesbians get superpowers AND a toaster? I’m ready to convert now!

Wait, do I get to pick which one…?

We get a wide range of items available in the Sodom and Gommorah catalogue, from designer underwear up to small island nations.

As for the second part, I’m afraid the only way to work that is if you also convert to the transgender lifestyle.

From the link:

I’m not sure, but I think this might be one of those “Many a true word spoken in jest” kinda situations.

You’re just working up to toaster?

I’m not even gay and my next recruit will earn me the Jeep. Geez, get with the picture, Priam!

… tlw walks off rubbing her hands and thinking "Hmm, a Disney film. Seems innocuous, but if the very sound of Ellen’s voice can turn someone, I know exactly how I can work this to my advantage. Jeep, you will be mine!

lesbian superpowers

Lesbian Powers Activate!

Take the form of a Dildo!