Recommend me your favorite potato sammichs

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?postid=3779024#post3779024

In this thread over in IMHO, a lot of people give “weird” sandwiches that contain some form of potatoes. I love French fry sandwichs and mashed potato with gravy sandwichs, but I want to try some others.

So please give me a sandwich recipe that includes any form of potato.

I love cheese, mayo and mashed or fried potato as a sandwich or on a bun. Yum!

Hmmm…can’t say I have tried any that come to mind.

I do however have a fetish for putting any kind of crunchy potatoe chips on any sandwich I eat. MMmmmm, the crunchier the better.

Sorry, couldn’t get the other thread to open for some reason so I don’t know if this has been mentioned. I like to make a potato omelette and then put it on toast or a crusty bun with ketchup and/or jam.

Oooh me too! Especially salt & vinegar flavoured rippled chips (the ripples make 'em crunchier and you’re right - the crunchier the better) on a peanut butter sandwich. yum!

A '‘Chip buttie’ which is french fries (thick cut) in between two slices of buttered white bread.

OK my sammich recipe is not for the faint hearted.
Take 2 slices of bread and liberally smothe it with butter.Now take some mayo and add pepper powder,chopped onions and some crushed potato chips(flavors optional) to it.Take some unsalted french fries and mix it to the mayo to form a thick spread.Spread on bread and enjoy!
Lemme know how ya like it.Although I love this recipe and there may be some like me,I wouldnt recommend more than 3 servings a week due to its calorie content.Its a total nightmare for people like me who walk the fine line when it comes to gaining weight.

Turkey, mayo, bread dressing, mashed potato with gravy and cranberry jelly.

I’m not sure if it counts as a sammich (meat surrounded by starch; that’s close enough, right?), but I had a tater pig for lunch today. You take a potato, hollow out a cylindrical core in it, put a sausage in, and then bake the whole thing. Apparently, it’s traditional at the annual summer arts festival here.

The “chipwich”. Put potato chips on bread. Squirt on some mustard. Smush.

I am a self-described cheese-fries aficionado, but I prefer real cheese–not nacho cheese or cheese sauce.

Most steakhouses sell them, and I get some every week. *It’s too much for me to eat at one sitting, and I take the rest to work and make sandwiches, usually several days’ worth.

My favorite ones are the ones from Outback (big chain) and Texas Roadhouse (regional southeastern chain). Longhorn (another southeastern chain) has decent ones, but they use a combination of real cheese and cheese sauce. It’s ok hot, but doesn’t make for good sandwiches later. We also recently got a Flying Saucer, and theirs are good. There are also some local places that have good cheese fries (if you’re a local, Yesterdays, Hemingways, Sundance Grill, and Buckets).

Anyway, I just slap enough of those babies to make a decent sammich, slide some dijon mustard on one of the pieces of bread (Honey Wheatberry 40-gram slices), maybe a little bleu cheese. Excellent!

So, in summary, I don’t make my own potato sammiches. I make them out of leftovers, but enjoy them just the same.

*At least now, it’s too much. I used to be able to mow thru a bowl of soup, bread, and down a half-gallon of tea without breaking a sweat. No more.

When I was a kid, I loved eating leftover potato salad between two slices of bread.

“Carbs? What the heck are those?” :smiley:

AbbySthrnAccent described one of my favorite things about the day after Thanksgiving–the turkey/stuffing/mashed taters sammich. YUM.