Can anyone else control their dreams??

Hope this thread is allowed

I have a strange ability which no other can do other than my father. A few years back I done alot of Ecstasy (still do them now and agin), and it appeared to give me a side affect. The night after taking pills, when I went to sleep I could control what I done in my dreams? Basically after what appears to be a short period of time I suddenly become aware that I’m asleep and enjoyed what I done in them! For example once I new I was dreaming, I’d look for the nearest girl in the dream, she may be in a street or in a pub or whatever and start kissing her, my body would try to wake up and I’d get this enormous build of feeling in my chest and strain on my heart but if I concentrated I could stay in the dream and the pain would go. Eventually I would be awaken by the pain and the rush on my chest. This would go on for days and eventually it would go unless I done drugs again. I could only make this happen if I thought about controlling the dream before I go to sleep. Alot of the time I would kind of switch from my dream to my soul if you like and force my way back into my dream. I know I mentioned my father can. Well I mentioned to him that I can do this (obviously not mentioning drugs) and he was astonished as he said he has been doing this for years! My dad is on medication for his nerves and has been for about 20 years now. I’m thinking maybe the drugs are the link? Anyway I want to know if anyone else can do this?

:confused:

Do a search on Lucid Dreaming. You’ll find more info online than you could ever need, including books and instructions about training yourself to have lucid dreams. (While you’re at it, maybe do a search on the kind of damage that you may be doing to yourself with the use of E.)

I’ve gathered that people can train themselves to become Lucid while dreaming fairly easily. I’ve not done any training but do have the occasional short lucid dream. These are completely spontaneous and no drugs are ever involved.

In your case, it sure does sound like it’s the drugs. It hardly seems worth it to me, to continue your use of E in order to do what you can train yourself to do without the use of brain-damaging drugs.

But hey, it’s your life.

What the hell, I’ll say it.

It’s not the drugs. I’ve had a 1920s style death ray pointed at your bed for the last few months. The radioactivity has been messing with your dreams.

Sorry.

I have very little experience with illegal drugs, and none with Ecstasy, so I’m pretty sure this example is not drug-driven: for some time after my Mom died, I had dreams about her; they were very unpleasant, for the most part, usually her bitching at me for not living up to her expectations, etc. (funny, it’s just what she did when she was alive). I read a mag article on controlling recurring dreams, and started “rehearsing” before going to sleep every night, how I would respond to Mom if she “came back” that night. About a week later, I had a dream about her, and she started in about what a mess the house was. In the dream, I looked at her and said “Mom, you’re dead. Please go home now”, and she left!! I’ve had very few dreams about her since then.

I’m often able to realize that I’m dreaming, and from that point I can briefly direct how the dream goes. (But I always wake up before I can do anything really fun. Ah well.)

All this without the benefit of any kind of drug.

For a while I was facinated with the concept of lucid dreaming and practiced at it, with some limited success. Its still facinating to me, but I haven’t been trying for a long time.

Kids these days…Geez…

What’s wrong with an old-fashioned absinthe or opium habit?

I can control mine too, and like others have mentioned, no drug/medecin use.
I usualy can’t contoll everything, just add extras to help me, example: wings to fly, have telekenises, blah blah blah

and even wake myself up if it isn’t going good.

Being able to control dreams is something that occurs completely randomly with me. When I do it’s always some random burst of enlightenment without any stimulus. I’ll suddenly realize “Hey, I’m dreaming!” and proceed to give myself super powers and fly around and do all sorts of cool stuff. Unfortunately, that usually only lasts a few seconds before I wake up.

When I was about 4, I used to have nightmares. The only way I could think of to control them was to teach myself to recognize when I was in a dream, so I could wake myself up. I did this by recognizing that things in the dream were “just too unusual” to be happening in real life. This worked, and I stopped having nightmares.

Now, though, I’ll occasionally have other kinds of dreams.:wink: But since, in my real life, those things are “just too unusual” too, I wake up. Sad, really. I can’t even get it in a dream.

Wow, I’m not alone then. I do worry about what Im doin to my body but what the heck, you only live once right? I should be able to control my dreams tonight as had some gear last night (on a downer). We’ll see what happens :wink:

I agree with the others about the lucid dreaming. I am pretty successful at it and have practiced it for years. I haven’t had a nightmare for about 20 years I think – at least not one that went too terribly wrong. Even in your dreams it’s okay to be scared a little.

Basically I generally let the dreams go where they will because I enjoy them more that way, but when something turns in a direction that I don’t enjoy, then I am able to change the course of the dream but I suppose you could control them whatever way you wanted.

It’s only a guess, but I would say lucidity is a result of the drugs, it’s just that lucid dreaming takes place in a lighter state of REM sleep than normal dreaming. Perhaps (and I have no experience with X to base this) the drugs prohibit you from reaching your normal deep sleep cycle or interfere somehow so that is the correlation you have noticed but really it is completely possible without the drugs. Just practice.

This was happening to me at about that age too. But then somehow, my nightmares would start to trick me. I would become aware that I was dreaming and wake myself up, only to find I was actually still dreaming.

Recently I remember telling people I was with in a dream that it was just that. When they protested, I told them that I knew it was a dream because I could fly. I then started levitating to prove it. Unfortunately, I quickly woke up then. I would like to be able to reach the point of controlling the dreams more without waking up.

A few years ago I used to take plenty of drugs and never experienced any noticable trend…I am a deep sleeper though so maybe that has something to do with it.

Usually, I can tell if it’s a dream, but I can rarely control it/give myself super powers. Believe me, I’ve tried but I can never pull it off.

I’ll think to myself “Hey, this is a dream.” And then I will jump up in the air to try and fly away in a beautiful jet stream of glory!!! BUT, I always just end up falling back to the ground and thinking to myself…“wtf, That’s not how it works!”

Well I cant give myself super powers, I just run for the nearest bird. I tried last night but was unable to control them but Ive only had 4 hours sleep int 72 hours, I will try tonight.

I was lucid dreaming the other morning and when I realized I was controlling the action I suddenly couldn’t think of anything to do. I swear to og, I had a commercial. “Brought to you by M&Ms” complete with a big yellow screen and the M&Ms logo. Freaked me out.

Oh dear, NightUK, you worry me. Yes, you only live once, but believe me, there are better ways to spend it. As for the lucid dreaming, I’ve always been able to do it, - as a kid I had recurring nightmares about sharks, but at some point would realise I was dreaming and fly away (I’ve always had a lot of flying dreams, too). Slight hj, I’ve always dreamt in vivid colour but heard recently most people dream in black and white - anyone concur with this?

I don’t think I’ve ever dreamt in black and white. It’s usually very saturated or dull colors though.

I don’t know when I started ‘controlling’ my dreams and need more info before I’m sure it’s lucid dreaming.

I don’t have bad dreams often. One that I can think of in the last 17 years. I tend to know I’m dreaming and can change things if I don’t like the direction they are headed.
In sexual dreams my body does respond to what is happening in the dream. There is a small problem I have yet to work out. I can only have sex with my Hubby in these dreams. I get the PG version if another man is involved, ‘the lead up’ cut to ‘the after’. Once I even stopped myself from having sex in a dream when I said to my dream self that I can’t have sex with this ‘man’ because I’m married. Another voice popped in and said’ hey, stupid, it’s a dream, do what you want’ but events in the dream conspired that this should not happen.
The only other person/people I can have sex with is women, something I’ve never done in real life, nor seen anyone that I’d want to. But oh, the dream sex is good.

Hubby has a nightmare at least twice a month and rarely remembers his dreams. If I could teach him to change his dreams I would but I don’t know how I do it.

I have been able to control my dreams ever since I can remember, and I’ve never been on any mind-altering drugs, with the exception of seizure medication. But I didn’t start having seizures until I was 17, and I’ve been controlling my dreams since long before that. My mom can, and my grandmother could, as well.

Sometimes I get really deep into dreaming and don’t realize I’m dreaming until I feel my body start to wake up (usually happens during especially bad nightmares), but other times I have almost unlimited power over what’s going on in my dreams. It’s pretty cool.