lose the lovehandles

So I have a small problem, I gain weight almost exclusivly in the lovehandle area. Now I am the first to admit that I am out of shape (starting college did a number on me), but for the last six months I have been controlling my calorie intake and exorcizing on a regular basis and have lost 10 of the 30 lbs I think I need to lose. My stomach itself has gotten relativly flat , but I still have these damn lovehandles, and as far as I can tell they aren’t getting any smaller. Are there any exorcises that I can perform that will target that area of my body so I can take my shirt off at the beach without embarrasment again>

“The power of Christ compels you to feel the burn!”

Seriously, I don’t think you’re going to be able to get 30 lbs of evil spirits out of your body. Ethereal beings just don’t have that much mass.

I know i know, I spell poorly even for a theater major. But I couldn’t go back and edit my post so now I am stuck looking like a dope, a fat dope with lovehandles.

Damn

No, there is no such thing as targetted weight loss. You should continue in your impressive effort to lose weight overall and eventually your love handles will go as well. The reality may be that this is the last place your body will release stored fat and there is nothing you can do about it.

I know what you mean. Love handles aren’t attractive. Unfortunately you cant just “get rid” of them. Just lose the other 20 lbs you need to and see how they do. If they’re still there, lose 10 more. If they’re STILL there, live with them.

Don’t feel like a dope because of your spelling problems.

One of the smartest (IMHO) and most prolific SDMB posters often gives us “thier” and “wierd” for “their” and “weird.” He/she never apologizes and no one even bothers to comment. It’s just that your “exorcisizing” seems amusingly appropriate.

What if it’s just one evil spirit, and his name is Jose Cuervo?

Then exorcism won’t help, but it’s very definitely necessary to get rid of him anyway.