Time Stamps 8 minutes slow?

The time stamps still seem to be running about 8 minutes behind time (or at least that’s the case here in Australia). Any idea why?

It takes that long for the signal to get through, I guess. You ARE on the back side of the back side of the world, after all. :slight_smile:

Seriously, yes, we know . . . and I’ve asked the techs to fix it.

your humble TubaDiva
Administrator

The problem is still there, although it seems to have increased to about 9 minutes now. Any brilliant thoughts from the technical people? Perhaps the problem’s at this end?

If you wait long enough the time stamp will eventually fall so far behind that it will be correct. At the current rate of falling behind one minute every eight days I figure that it should only take 31 years and 205 days. Can’t you just be patient? Wait, you’re not one of the MTV generation, are you?

:slight_smile:

No, I’m too old to be one of the MTV generation. Which means it’s doubtful that I have 31 years and 205 days to wait. :slight_smile:

Really you don’t have to wait even that long. If you can stick it out for a mere 31 years and 133 days, you can start complaining that the the time stamp is 9 minutes too fast. :slight_smile:

It’s 10 minutes now.

Am I the only one who thinks it’s funny that someone named Cunctator is complaining about the slow board clock?

11 minutes now.

At the increased speed of slowing, it’ll be the right time fairly soon.

Irony is the spice of life! :slight_smile:

It’s 13 minutes now. :confused:

I’ve referred this problem to the techs, I’ll do it again. I don’t have direct access to the server, but I will try to get the attention of someone who does.

your humble TubaDiva
Administrator

As I’m sure you will note, the timestamp has been corrected. I happened to catch 'em at a free moment, which is rare for our technical department.

However, it will probably drift again over time and will not be constantly corrected.

This is a very low priority item for tech, as they have a very long “to-do” list in the daily course of events at the Reader. I hope you understand.

your humble TubaDiva
Administrator

Most certainly, in fact I believe that most people will question your sanity.