Sex in the shower - how?

How do you (physically) have sex in the shower? I tried it, and damn, the mechanics! Much more difficult than I thought it would be.

Is it just not all that I had dreamed, or are there some tips and tricks out there that I need to know? For the record, I am dealing with a standard bathtub type shower set-up.

It is, in fact, quite difficult, unless the woman is considerably taller than the man. (I’m assuming a hetero situation here, because, well, that’s what I am. :))

The shower’s a better place to get revved up than to complete the act. Just sayin’.

I’ve always found it to be pretty much standard, stand-up sex positions, with the added risk of possibly losing your footing.

I don’t think it’s weird that some people might not enjoy an uncertain footing, water going up your nose, etc. And I know some women don’t find water to be a good lubricant, and soap to be an irritant.

From behind is the easiest, without to much worry of cracking you skull open on the tile floor should one of you slip (though that may be the least of your worries if she falls :eek: ).

I’ve personally found it difficult face-to-face, since you kinda have to contort yourself a but. Doesn’t bode well for the balance aspect.

I say:

Draw a nice hot bath, cuddle up for a while and then hump like bunnies after the shower. Because humping like bunnies is the only right way to do it.

She can’t be shorter than you, for sure. Same height, maybe.

Not to mention…uh…lubrication just washes away. It’s rougher, for sure, and water just isn’t good enough.

I have always been curious about this also…I can certainly understand the “revving up” part, but I am abit befuddled by the actual act taking place in there?

Possible Scenario: Slippery wet tile floor=Mint Julep in an Emergency Room.

I mean I am a klutz on carpet with no distractions, get me naked and happy and I bet I could really injure myself in the shower! :wink:

Well… I’m shorter than my husband. I’m 5’7", he’s 6’1".

So… well. He’s pretty strong, so he can lift me up, with my back against the wall. Sometimes, I keep one foot on the ground and wrap the other leg around his waist. Sometimes I just bend over. That position is very easy :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve had trouble doing it in the shower with a man who wasn’t strong enough to lift me, though. And one guy tried sitting down and asking me to straddle him - no way, no how - my legs are just too long.

I’m going to have to hazard a guess and say it’s got to do with the strength, height, and possibly weight of each person involved.

The last time we tried sex in the shower, we ended up ripping the shower head from the wall.

Now we just wait, and use the bed. Or the floor. Or anyplace else that is flat, not wet, and stable. :smiley:

There are a couple of options:

1. Back door - Her bending over by the faucet holding on whilst He puts his penis in anally or vaginally. Shower shoes might be needed.

2. Him laying down on floor, her mounting him. This is hard on the female as there isn’t alot of room left over.

3. Face to face, though probably more of a hazard given the tub slippage.

4. Do It Yourself Car Wash.

5. Profit?

I’m trying to picture how you contort yourself a butt…

The butt way.

You think a standard shower/tub is hard, try one of those shower ‘closets’ with a sliding glass door.

Those doors tend to be damn strong, which was it’s only saving feature :smiley:

Wow, I never realized how many people have trouble having sex in the shower. Now worries though, it is a skill that can be perfected. Flander and I have sex in the shower all the time, you just have to know what positions work best and are safe. If you really want to know the details, here’s the two positions that work best for us:

• I stand against the wall and lean my back on it while putting one foot on the tub edge across from me. He stands in front and bends his knees a little to make our heights more level, and things work out just fine.

• From the back is probably the easiest. I brace myself on the wall with my back towards the shower head and he’s behind me. You could pretty much figure out the rest.

So though it may seem challenging, it is definitely possible once you get the hang of it. Though you may want to turn the shower temp down a little before getting busy. I find that if we don’t then I end up quite dizzy when we are done. Though I suppose that happens at times anyways. :smiley:

*Flander there’s your ego boost for the day.

You think a standard shower/tub is hard, try one of those shower ‘closets’ with a sliding glass door.

Those doors tend to be damn strong, which was it’s only saving feature :smiley:

I’m at least six inches taller than my wife, and sex in the shower was frequent at previous residences (the shower runs out of water to early here, and the sudden cold can be rather shocking). It depends mostly on your relative balance and athleticism, at least if standing is your goal. If the male can hold the female up for an extended period, or can maintain a slight squat (knees bent), you’re pretty much set.

There’s also an interesting rush, when you leave a hot steamy room for the rest of your dwelling. Most invigorating.

I recommend silicone lubricant. It doesn’t disappear under running water, and it’s safe for use with latex. (Not safe for use with silicone toys, though) Just make sure not to spill any on the tub floor or you’ll be cracking your skulls for sure.

And I second OhFace’s advice to turn the temperature down; I used to have shower sex a lot with a woman who was particularly slight of build and she would overheat pretty quickly.

I’m puzzled by the suggestion that the woman needs to be taller…the one person I’ve tried it with was two inches taller - and there was no way anything was going to get into the right position. If he’s lifting her up, doesn’t it help for her to be shorter?

:frowning: I have a small shower. Barely room for me, let alone Cindy, Cheryl, and Megan. Poor, poor me.:frowning:

When I’m rich, the first thing I will install in my new house will be a six-foot square bathtub with steps leading into it.

Then I will have sex in the tub. Often.

Until then, it’s a no-go, I’m afraid. And I am fairly adventurous.

Another proponent of the woman-bending-over method. I have a couple of problems with that, though. For one thing, I often get my head smacked against the wall if I’m so distracted I forget to put my hands up. For another, if my husband and I wind up in the shower together, it usually because we’ve worked out and got hot and bothered watching each other at the gym (this doesn’t happen often because my husband hates working out). Unfortunately, after running for about an hour, my calves hurt. My husband is quite a bit taller than I am, even when his knees are bent (which is saying a lot because I’m pretty tall already), so I have to stand on tip-toe with my calves contracted for it work, which makes my calves even more tired, and has occasionally resulted in some poorly-timed muscle spasms. And our tub is too small for us to have horitzontal sex in the shower.