Formula 1 Dopers-New season begins...

So it’s just a few hours to go before the Australian Grand Prix.Let’s hope it’s tighter after last year’s Ferrari cakewalk.The new regulations-one engine per two races and no tyre changes except in safety cases should make it more interesting. Already the close season has seen a bigger shake-up than most years-Montoya to McLaren,Ralf to Toyota,DC to Red Bull and Webber and Heidfeld at Williams. First qualifying looks promising-Fisi on provisional pole,McLaren in 10th and 11th and Schumi down in 18th!!!
So F1 Dopers,who’s going to win it this year?What do you think of the new regulations?Come and share your Grand Prix stories here…

*I assume this lives in Café Society since all other sport seems to.If it doesn’t please move it…

Could be a very interesting year, with the new rules leveling the field. I didn’t see the start of the race or qualifying - what happened to Schumacher? Did he start from the back of the field?

Australian GP summaryFisichella took pole from Trulli and Webber.McLarens were 10th and 11th.Schumacher started 18th and pootled along at the back before taking Heidfeld off.Albers retired with transmission failure.Everyone else made it home. Fisichella led virtually lights-to-flag with Barrichello,Alonso,Coulthard and Webber 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th.Montoya,Klien and Raikkonen made up the top 8.Raikkonen had to start from pit lane after stalling on grid.Trulli had been in 2nd but dropped down to 9th.
Both BAR’s pulled into the pits on the last lap to ensure they got a new engine for next race.Villeneuve managed to wander into several people’s way whilst being lapped.

There was rain partway through the 1st qualifying session, and the grid was really mixed up as a result.

Thanks, I saw that on the rerun. Schumi just couldn’t overtake anyone, oddly, although he certainly would have last year - looks like the superhard full-race tires eliminate Bridgestone’s advantage over Michelin. We’ll have to see.

Ecclestone is going to have to get that engine-change rule loophole plugged, pronto. Those unforced dropouts are just too silly-looking. Still, I like the idea - it kept almost everyone in the running.