So what are you (still) watching this fall?

I know we had one of these when the fall launches began, but what shows has everyone actually stuck with (new series or new seasons of old shows). I’ll be on board with Arrested Development until the day it dies, and am crossing my fingers for Kitchen Confidential (which got exponentially better after the pilot episode, though the ratings are crap). I’m a big fan of Wentworth Mill- er, Prison Break, and catch My Name is Earl when I remember. But that’s about it.
So, what’s everyone else still into, and what have you given up on?

I think Prison Break and Invasion are the only new things I’ve added to my viewing, and the latter pretty much only because it’s on after Lost, I tape Lost every week and it’s just as easy to tape two hours as it is one.

Oh, and I’m watching the new season of TAR but it’s been around for several years. So it’s new to me, but not new.

Supernatural I’m still taping. It just hasn’t disappointed me yet. Boy, I’m an optimist…

After trying a lot of new stuff this season, the only new additions to the roster are Prison Break, Bones (purely for its mockability), and Rome. I’m trying to love Kitchen Confidental and Commander in Chief but neither is a must see show.

As for new seasons of existing shows, I’m back on board with Arrested Development after missing most of last season to a scheduling conflict. House is another I can’t miss. Survivor, Lost, CSI, NCIS, and Desperate Housewives have all moved to “I’ll try to catch them if I remember, but I’m not excited any more” status.

I watch very little TV as a whole. The only 2 shows I CAN’T miss are Surface and Will & Grace.

I’m still watching Surface, and apparently they just picked it up for a full season.

I’m watching Rome and My Name is Earl. I’m still loyal to Housewives, CSI, Lost, and the first two Law and Orders.

Things I actually like:

How I met your mother
My name is earl
The Night Stalker

Things I still watch:
Out of Practice
The Office
Joey

My only can’t-miss show is House. Other than that, I just wander in and out as my roommate controls the TV set. Of course, that’s how I got addicted to House in the first place…

Veronica Mars - best thing on TV, IMHO. Makes me laugh, makes me cry, makes me wish it was on every night. For like, two or three hours.

Lost - but they better come up with some exposition soon, I’m ready to take a flight to the island, crash, survive improbably, and start kickin’ ass. That jungle monster? Is me. Enough, solve some of the mystery already. The enigma within a riddle wrapped up in a puzzle surrounded by WTF is getting *old. *

Rome - I’m fascinated by the accents - and any series that’s not afraid to show dangly bits is alright by me (Mark Antony’s, that is)! :wink:

Survivor - season after season, it just doesn’t get old to watch the sorting of the stupid from the stupider - I enjoy the physical challenges the best - it’s amazing to see someone totally suck it up and overcome such grueling conditions (hat’s off to ya, Amy, you’re awesome, I hope you win)

The Biggest Loser - I’m fascinated at people with such mortifying body issues willing to get on national TV and wear tight gut-hugging spandex…and two-piece bathing suits, and be worked to death to lose seemingly impossible amounts of weight, by idiotic trainers who I wouldn’t pay to show me how to tie my shoes. I cheer for the contestants, mostly, to succeed, unless you’re Nick, and then I’m glad you didn’t. AssTool.

Nip/Tuck - It’s veering into jump-the-shark, but the little murder-mystery arc they have going through this season will keep me glued. Prefer The Shield, though, can’t wait until it comes back after N/T goes on hiatus. Chiklis has balls the size of turnips, I love the tough-guy routine. He’s hot.

Prison Break - I’m riveted - I think it’s probably the best new show, and not just because FOX tells me so, every five minutes. I only watch it for Peter Stormare, anyway.

Watch TV, much? Yup!! :smiley:

Someone convinced me to give Arrested Development a chance this season and now I’m totally hooked on it. I think it’s just about the funniest thing on TV right now. I’ll be sooooo disappointed if it gets cancelled. :frowning:

Last week I tuned into My Name is Earl for the first time and it was better than I expected, so I guess I’ll probably start catching that regularly too.

The new shows I’m sticking with are My Name is Earl, Everybody Hates Chris, Martha’s Apprentice, and Supernatural. Oh, and Killer Instinct, like Selkie, for the mockability factor.

I haven’t watched Surface or Prison Break yet – I’ll catch them on reruns.

Watched but wasn’t taken by Bones, Threshold, Night Stalker, and Invasion.

My son told me about an A&E show called The First 48. It follows real detectives as they try to solve crimes in the first 48 hours. One episode showed some detectives who were either really stupid or really lazy, or maybe I just expect too much after watching Law and Order.

A guy rented a car in Ohio and traveled to Miami to buy a kilo of cocaine using money he printed himself. He was found dead by his car. The detectives caught a break and found the guy who sold him the drugs. He lived 2 blocks from where the murder happened.

When he failed to confess, the detectives let him go. They made no attempt to trace the murder weapon and they didn’t even search the guy’s place for evidence. They just gave up when there was no confession. The case remains unsolved.

I guess the cops figured that if the victim was dumb enough to try and buy drugs with counterfeit money, he deserved what he got, but it was upsetting that they didn’t try harder.

I try not to miss CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Crossing Jordan & NUM3ERS.
These have dropped off my list:
Law & Order C.I., I only watched it because I liked the team. I can’t be bothered
to keep track of which team is on which week.
Actually, all the L&O clones have gotten boring IMO.
Monk was hit or miss to begin with, or maybe the novelty has worn off.
Will & Grace just went over th edge. Since they can’t move on, I had to.
I liked The Closer this summer. Too short a season.

I still love Arrested Development and The Office, and I always try to watch My Name Is Earl and Kitchen Confidential if I can. Also Family Guy if I’m around on Sunday nights, but I think I’ve seen them all by now. I look forward to the return of Scrubs, 24, and The Shield in January.

I still tune into Saturday Night Live, but just to snark on how awful it usually is. I can’t think of many other shows with such talented casts that are so damn bad all the time.

All of mine have already been listed:
House
My Name Is Earl
Arrested Development
Rome

I’m looking forward to when Battlestar Galactica starts back up in January.

I meant to catch How I Met Your Mother. I haven’t seen anyone on here raving about it, though.

Boston Legal Shatner cracks me up: “I’ve got the Mad Cow”
Two and a Half Men Snappy dialogue for a 30 minute sitcom: “In bed, she moves like the paint shaker at Sherwin Williams”
Medium I like the characters, and the spooky angle to crime solving.

Still watching Surface, Supernatural, Invasion, Kolchak and Threshold, along with the returning shows NCIS, Lost and CSI.

Mondays: The CBS sitcom lineup.

King of Queens
How I Met Your Mother
Two and a Half Men
Out of Practice
(the weakest of the four, but not terrible)
My wife also likes Wife Swap (hmmmm…)
I also get the Daily Show on four weeknights, and I’m still testing the waters on the Colbert Report

Tuesdays:
The Amazing Race
House
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Wednesdays:
I used to watch So You Think You Can Dance, but that’s over.

Thursdays:
As soon as the World Series is over, it’s back to Reunion, the anti-Friends!

Fridays:
Supernanny. And no, we don’t take sides, we watch Nanny 911 too. We’re both teachers, and we like to see mediocre parents called on the damage they do to their children. Guilty pleasures, what can we say?

Saturdays:
Cops
America’s Most Wanted

Sundays:
Why Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is not on our TiVo, I don’t know.
60 Minutes
We also watch the other news magazine shows, like 48 Hours and Dateline. I TiVo Meet the Press. One would think that after 58 seasons they would be fresh out of plotlines, but go figure.

I’m watching Las Vegas (I got into it during the off season, watching all past episodes in about 2 weeks). I also watch House, Grey’s Anatomy (they’re hot, what can I say?), Lost (watched last season, so it isn’t new), I tivo Apprentice, and Survivor to watch at my leisure.

I’m quite enjoying Threshold, which is more intelligent than it has a right to be.

–Cliffy