Why is an overbite sexy?

If this belongs in IMHO, mods, feel free to move it. I wasn’t sure.

Anyway, I’ve heard several guys, here and other places, remark that overbites are sexy. I’d just like to find out why.

Thanks!

I dunno. But I agree with Hawkeye on MAS*H: Olivia de Havilland’s overbite just did something for me.

It’s that whole Dracula thing, don’tcha know? :slight_smile:

More seriously, I’m a guy and have a significant overbite and it gives me rabbit teeth. Very unsexy.

Obviously, it’s in the eye of the beholder. Wait here until someone is able to articulate what he finds sexy about it. I’ll say that I find it particularly UNsexy. I associate it with a lack of intelligence (don’t ask why - maybe from early comic books or cartoons), and for me, that’s a definite turn OFF. Makes no sense to me, at all.

I’m sure a variety of answers will pop up. But part of it may be due to overbites sometimes making the woman look somewhat younger. Youth equals freshness, innocence, and perhaps even a bite of taboo forbidden fruit, tho I would say most of that is probably subliminal. ymmv

I am one of those guys that has commented on certain actresses overbites here on these boards. And I do tend to gravitate towards petite, youthful (at least youthful appearing) women. Maybe it goes all the way back to my own youth and getting my world rocked by a certain young lass with a bit of an overbite. First appearances and whot not, ya know? Or maybe I’m a perv. Only Vivalostwages, Jaade, Maureen, and Bryan Ekers can say for sure.

I don’t have any particular reaction to overbites, one way or the other. But someone with an underbite is just plain scary.

Can you (or anyone else) cite some current actresses who have overbites and are considered sexy? I just can’t think of who that is off the top of my head… maybe I just don’t pay attention to that thing (I tend not to notice large breasts, either).

Liv Tyler is one I’ve heard mentioned.

Well, there’s Geena Davis. Not necessarily the hottest burner on the stove, but she was considered a looker not too long ago (wasn’t she?). And don’t forget aboutIsabella Rossellini .

I have a slight overbite that ,while I’m not super selfconscious about it (I don’t have time for that kind of nonsense), I don’t find it one of my better physical attributes. A male friend has always considered it uber sexy. Says it attracts attention to my mouth and subconsciously makes him think of blow jobs. Of course, he’s a borderline sex addict, so I tend to suspect a lot of things make him think of blow jobs :slight_smile:

That’s overbite? When I think overbite, I think Marge Simpson.

Ohhhhhh. Then I got nothing.
Maybe **moonstarssun ** can specify what he considers and overbite?

I find perfect in line, one on top of the other teeth scary. Like android scary. shudder

I’ve got a pretty obnoxious one going on. But it never left me dateless.

I’m a she. :slight_smile:

I’m thinking of someone (like me) whose upper and lower incisors don’t touch when their teeth are closed. Like so. (Disclaimer: these are not my teeth.)

I don’t mean a severe overbite that causes the teeth to stick out and look rabbity and that makes it impossible to close your mouth fully.

The same one I always have. Home is identical, except I don’t have a VNC launcher on the panel.

I <3 xfce.

Uhhhh… wrong thread.

Missed your target thread by a bit, there.

On topic, I think I find them sexy because I have one, and for me, like attracts like. Of course, few people have as severe ones as I do, but even a little one can be very cute.

Sorry about the gender bender, moonstarssun :wink:

It’s kind of hard to tell from that photo, without the context of lips and a face. So, you have what you consider to be an overbite? Are you selfconscious and want to know if / why some people think it’s sexy, or have you been complimented on it but don’t understand why?

Hey, no prob. I’ll just have to type more girly. :slight_smile:

It’s the latter. Like you, I always considered it a minor flaw, but not one that I particularly worried about. But to hear some people talk, it seems like there’s something very attractive about it and I just don’t get it.

I don’t necessarily care about whether someone has an overbite, but I think too-perfect teeth are a bit of a turnoff. Imperfection is a good thing.

I don’t know about an overbite, but I’ve always (I’ve never told this before) kind of dug it when a woman has a snaggletooth, you know, one slightly crooked tooth. I have no idea why.

Underbites are scary because having one means you’re a werewolf.