Another Law & Order Cast Shakeup

Just saw this:

Farina to leave L&O

While I was never a huge fan of the character he was starting to grow on me. I guess I have been watching too many reruns because I didn’t even realize that the Assistant DA (can’t remember names…) is also leaving the show because

she was killed off in the season finale! I missed that one!!

So c’mon L&O fans who should be the replacements this time?

I think it’s time they get a female cop to team up with Green and maybe a male ADA.

Any ideas of actors up to the task??

Did they say why Farina is leaving? I really liked his character. He had just the right sense of humor for the part. I wonder what he’ll be doing now? Bummer. I hate getting used to a new detective.

I was also getting to kinda like Farina, but the role still kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I liked the interplay between Orbach and Martin as Senior Cop-vs-Junior Cop, and Farina never quite fit into that in my mind. Besides, I think Martin is old enough now to take the Senior Cop role. So I’m hoping whoever they team him up with is a younger actor. Male/female, black/white, doesn’t really matter to me.

I think Farina had to go because otherwise they would have gotten themselves bogged down in a thousand complaints of police brutality, intimidation, and illegal procedure, not to mention having to explain where he gets all his money from. There were about a dozen cases last season alone that should have been thrown out due to his actions.

And if they could only get an assistant DA who was more than a broomstick with a briefcase and could act and show a personality, they might even revitalize the series.

With two slots open, this is the perfect opportunity to change what has become the ingrained gender distribution of the show. Give Martin a female partner and McCoy a dude riding shotgun.

That’s what I’m thinking. Get a female detective in there and a male ADA. IIRC, there was a Hispanic detective on a couple episodes of SVU who might be good. Her father had been a cop, and she helped Benson and Stabler with some unsolved child killings that her father had worked on.
But no one named Alex! There’s been an Alex on every L&O variety, and it’s getting old.

FTR, The first ADA was Paul Robinette, played by Richard Brooks (Jubal Early, for you Browncoats). He was replaced with Claire Kincaid, so beginning the female ADA streak.

After he left, Robinette reappeared once as a defense attorney, still back in the Ben Stone days.

He did another guest appearance either this season or last. He was defending one of those indefensible criminals, and had a little debate about it for old times’ sake.

I’m not worried about the cast shakeup, just so long as one of the new characters is named Alex.

For one, he was defending a black woman who wanted her child back after getting clean and sober. He had been adopted by a white family, so it was similar to the *Losing Isaiah * debate. He said how he had thought he was a lawyer who happened to be black but realized he was a black man who happened to be a lawyer and that would influence the kinds of cases he took.

Wasn’t there an Italian guy who helped Green out…maybe he will be “promoted”.

Michael Imperioli? I know he’s on The Sopranos, if he hasn’t been whacked yet.

I sure wish they’d work Andre Braugher (as Frank Pembleton) into the mix. He and Imperioli would be the best team ever!

Am I the only one who thinks it would be cool to see Hal Linden in that role?

I’d like to see them pick another youngish Black actor as Jack’s second – though I’m not opposed to another Brunette --hey, how about: Valarie Rae Miller (http://eur.yimg.com/i/xp/premier_photo/8/805e16269c.jpg) better known as “Original Cindy” from “Dark Angel?”

That’s what I’d like to see.

Hal Linden? 75-year-old Hal Linden? Four years older than Jerry Orbach Hal Linden? Listen, the show may be creaking with age, but active working detectives shouldn’t be. :smiley:

Seconded, especially if we get to see Frank in the box.

If they got Andre Braugher as Frank Pembleton in the franchise, I’d watch L&O nightly instead of my current let’s see if the show looks interesting mode.

Rumor has it that they’re adding Milena Govich (ex of “Conviction”) in the detective role.

When I first read that I assumed the article was wrong and meant she was goiong to be the DA, but if you all are asking for a female cop, maybe they did have it riht.

Bring back Mike Logan!

Mike Logan is back on CI. He and Goren kinda alternate cases.

Robin