Jericho series premiere 9/20 (spoilers)

It’s on now. I downloaded it a couple weeks ago, but never got aroung to watching it.

At the halfway point (they just found the prison bus) and I’m liking it. But I’m a sucker for a good post-apocalyptic story.

It started to lose me until the kid said his mom was in Atlanta. Well done revelation.

I watched the premier a couple of days ago online (since I work Wednesday nights, it’s going to be hard for me to catch this one).

I liked it, for the most part, and like Turek I’m those post-apocalypse stories get me.

Now I have to break down and hook the vcr up to the new television so I can record it each week.

Good show. I just hope they don’t go overboard with the small-town everybody help their neighbor stuff. Oh crap look at the birds, great scene. Will this show be pleasently dark? So anyone care to speculate on who attacked us (or did we attack someone else)? If the broadcast of the President addressing Congress was live then there was no advance warning and a minor cabinet secretary is in charge (something tells me it’s a woman).

I like it okay so far…hope it doesn’t devolve into a post-apocalyptic soap opera though. I will give it a chance.

I must admit, I was quite liking the show until the point where the priests, after marching around the city for seven days, blew their trumpets and the city walls fell down. I mean, I like a good SFX sequence as much as the next guy, but come on. Can you say deus ex machina?

HOW did I miss this when I was actively checking the programming listings? I’ve had the lousiest luck lately catching stuff on TV :mad: So now what? Wait months until it’s in reruns? (I don’t have broadband).

This looks to have potential, it was interesting the way they treated the mushroom cloud in the opening reel as incidental, most other shows would have gone for a more EXTREME CLOSE UP! WHOOAAAA!!! type of plot point

very interesting twist with the Atlanta thing as well

more than likely this would be an “al quaeda” (yes, i lowercased it on purpose, thank you…) style “American Hiroshima” style attack, with detonations going off in key cities, it’s safe to say that in addition to Atlanta and Denver, New York, Boston, Washington and Los Angeles are probably toast

…all because they didn’t have Jack Bauer and Chuck Norris around…

it’ll be interesting to see how scientifically accurate the show will be in regards to fallout and radiation, apparently next week’s ep has the town starting to deal with the effects of fallout…

Would EMP fry all electronics or just devices that were turned on when the bomb went off? It seemed to take awhile for the power to got out and their cars and radios still work. Oh, anyone else think the black guy isn’t really a “cop from St. Louis”?

we’ll know were in trouble if we start to see “Walking Chrome Toasters” walking down the streets of Capric…err…Jericho :wink:

wonder who’s going to end up in the stereotypical role of "Best fill in the blank Of the Fleet…errr, Town

I didn’t like it as much as I hoped I would, maybe because there were so many characters, and maybe because it involved an emergency tracheotomy with straws from juiceboxes. Geez folks, just getting the bus back on the road and into town would have been enough.

I liked Dale, the kid whose mom was in Atlanta, and who helped his boss with the food.

I’ve only been through Kansas a couple of times, so I haven’t seen it all, but what I saw was pretty damn flat. I was skeptical that there were two areas where a bus could leave the road and not easily be seen.

And why not let some of the parents help with the search?

Good one :slight_smile: ! I was actually referencing Alas Babylon. I’m surprised the supermarket wasn’t raided as well (it will soon).

Does anyone know if this is one of the shows that’ll be broadcast online too? I liked it well enough, but not enough to miss Bones for it. If the other episodes are going to be online like the pilot, I’d keep watching it, though.

EMP wouldn’t affect any electronic devices that far away from the blast.

Thanks. I just realized based on the live broadcast of Congress the bombs must have already been planted in the target cities which means they were groundbursts, not airbursts. That lessen the EMP, but increase fallout.

Where is the show available to download? I missed the premier and I can’t find where it is available to download.

Do you think so? I’m not sure. I’ll hit the grocery store when I hear a blizzard’s coming, but if I saw a mushroom cloud on the horizon, I’d be too stunned to move. It’d take awhile before I’d panic.

Many of us have seen state and local government handle blizzards, floods, fire, earthquake, etc. without the citizenry going off the deep end.

Maybe it’s naive of me, but I like to think that people would work together, despite what we’ve seen in the movies.

I’ve been thinking about Dale, the kid whose mom was in Atlanta. He sorta reminds me of the Petrie kid in Salem’s Lot, who knew all about vampires. Has Dale been reading post-apocalypse books? That was quick thinking, with the food.

Or maybe he reminds me of Harold Lauder from The Stand, or Nick Andros, and the little bitch who called him a loser will be sorry.

Whenever it snows up here (or rains really bad) the supermarkets are either packed or deserted. And you left out hurricanes. :wink:

OK, weighing in with the negative view. I thought it was heavy-handed and corny. There was nothing really new in this show, with all the standard post-apocalypse cliches, the black sheep coming home cliches, the small town in crisis cliches. I won’t be watching the next ep. Too many other ones to try.