Survivor: 11/30

No thread started yet? OK…
What are the chances that a Chick Alliance will get under discussion tonight? Will Becky and Sundra be tempted by Parvati and Candice to start offing the guys? They have to realize that the guys are going to beat them in the end, and that Yul probably does want to take Jonathan to the final 2. Still, I think Becky and Yul are pretty tight. Sundra has been a complete “below the radar” player, though, and sooner or later those types start realizing they have a lot of power. She has to figure that she’s #4 at best in the main alliance.

I’m so glad to see Yul using the HII intelligently this time, unlike Terry “I can do it all myself” from last time. He’s pretty much got a lock on the FF now. If a new alliance wants to dethrown him, they have to have a sacrificial lamb to get the HII out of play.

The “no fish for you!” thing was kind of funny. What whiny little brats!

I haven’t kept up with this show as much as I have in the past, so I gotta ask: is Johnathan really that bad of a guy? Yeah, he made out like a bandit at the auction, but I didn’t think he was being all that “arrogant” about it. Nor did he lose his cool when Candice was whining and insulting him during the fish incident. “Nobody likes you, anyway!” (Sheesh! How childish can you get?!) Is he really all that deserving of their animosity, or are they just jealous and resentful of him?

I don’t particularly like Jonathan, but the only way that he’s “that bad a guy” is the same way any person who actually plays Survivor the way it’s supposed to be played is “that bad a guy”. The Middle School Alliance is playing this game so terribly badly, even taking the perennial “he’s not playing fair and I’m entitled to more than this” activities that show up in EVERY season in at least one or two people to almost parodic heights. Watching the MSA in comparison to Yul is like watching a trio of brats screaming to their college-age brother.

Anyone else notice that there is a delicious cruel streak deep down inside Yul? The only reason he really had to actually show them all the HII was so that Candace would know that the only thing she was going to get on Exile Island was cold, wet and hungry.

Although… (yes, 3rd post in a row…my neurons are firing randomly tonight)

The look on Adam’s face when Jonathan actually told them that Yul had it and showed it to him made me wonder. What if there really is more than one HII? What if Adam has one, too?

He’s a jackass. But the beauty of Jonathan is that he knows he’s a jackass, and makes no bones about the fact that he’s a jackass. It’s a strange version of integrity. Maybe you can’t trust Jonathan to stick to your alliance, but you can trust him to be a jackass.

If Yul’s not careful, this is going to spiral out of his control. Did you see Becky’s face when Yul mentioned the possibility of going to the final two with anyone but her? It really looked like the thought hadn’t occurred to her.

Which will make it funnier when it turns into a final three. I’m thinking about the past final threes. Ian was final three. Rob C. was final three. Having three people in front of the jury instead of two will destroy most players’ strategies.

Well, he could have also done it to save Candace from going to all the effort of digging around when it wasn’t going to get her anything.

Nah, I don’t really believe it either. :slight_smile:

I doubt it. I think Adam was just realizing that Jonathan had been telling them the truth and possibly realizing how badly he fucked up by not considering the possibility. Of course, Adam, Candace and Parvati, being idiotic, spoiled brats, blame Jonathan for outplaying them rather than blaming themselves. I don’t think I’ve despised anyone who’s played this game more than I despise those three…and Nate. Nate’s an incredibly hypocritical asshat.

Yul has to be careful that he doesn’t overplay his hand. I suspect he may sacrifice Jonathan next week just so he doesn’t lose the whole jury. Or his alliance-mates – you’re right, Drae, Becky’s look of shock that he would even consider taking someone else to final two was a warning sign I hope he didn’t miss.

It’s still a bit early to be talking about final two. (Or three.) I’m not entirely sure everyone else is quite as willing to roll over and serve up the million bucks to Yul as he thinks they are.

I knew someone else would mention the look on Becky’s face. She really was absolutely shocked, which makes me think she is a lot more naive than I thought she was. I wouldn’t have been surprised if that had flipped her, but she’s too trusting and loyal. If I were her, I might have considered branching out myself at that point.

Best line of the night (paraphrased)-- “The kiss was nice, but if it was really love, he’d have given you the immunity necklace.” :smiley:

There were so many great moments this episode. I wouldn’t even know where to begin!

I think the look had more to do with her realization that “This dude is talking about who to bring to the final with him - what a prick! There’s still eight of us left!”

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see the scheming begin next episode about how to deal with Yul. How long is the HII good for?

I’m pretty sure that once it’s used, it’s gone. If I were Becky, I’d be reconsidering my alliance with him. She’s just been sitting by the sidelines, being Yul’s yes-girl and it took her a very long time to realize (or for Yul to let it slip…I think that was both an accident and a mistake on his part) that she wasn’t on the solid ground she thought she was on with Yul. The all-girl alliance probably wasn’t a possiblity before tonight but if they had worked it, they could have easily brought Adam along for the ride and gotten rid of Jonathan, then Ozzy and Yul. It’s almost like Adam, Candice and Parvati have just given up even trying to win already.

I was wondering how far into the game it can be used. Up to the Final Four?

Agreed. And to think I thought Courtney’s eye-rolling and mugging on Jury Row last season was annoying - Nate managed to not only top that but also to take it into assholish proportions.

Why was Yul thinking he may need to get rid of Jonathan so that the Raroans would vote for him at F2? Surely the better thing to do would be to take Jonathan to F2 with him! “So yeah, you said you wouldn’t vote for me because you didn’t like that I took Jonathan further than you. So does that mean you’re going to vote for him instead then, dumbasses?”

Of course he’s pretty much deprived himself of that route with his little conversation with Becky, but that would have definitely been my thoughts after Adumb and Poverty’s whiny little speech.

I know it’s wrong to take pleasure in other’s pain, but damn I had to hold back the laughter when Becky sent Candice to EI and Yul rubbed it in that he already had the idol. The only way it could’ve possibly been better would’ve been if she’d also had to go through that huge storm that Danielle and Austin suffered through last season.

As I understand it from spoilers I’ve read, he WANTS to do that, and Parvati is voted off next in a straight Pagonging attempt, but after that Adam wins immunity again and he’s forced to vote Jonathan off by the rest of his alliance.

Realistically, he couldn’t pull that off anyway. The jurors of Survivor are typically a LOT more forgiving of the snake they know. To get to the final two with Jonathan, Yul would have to betray his entire alliance. It could be done easily at first maybe before tonight. Convince A, C and P to vote off Ozzy maybe with Yul and Jonathan being the surprise votes. Flip Parvati and make it a three person alliance of Yul, Jonathan and Parvati. Get Candice and Adam to vote with Parvati and take out Sundra. At this point, he can plausibly get rid of Becky next without her knowing that he’s the mastermind. Convince Parvati that she’s the odd man out with Candice and Adam, tell her you will take her to final two. Bam, bam…they are gone, provided they don’t win immunity. (of course, then you just reverse the pecking order) Then, just hope that Parvati loses in the three person challenge (provided the two person final is still in effect). That is the only way he could sit in the final two with Jonathan and not be outed for destroying his own alliance, as far as I can see.

However, voting off Candice tonight means that his alliance sees that Adam and Parvati go next and then they look to him to vote off Jonathan. Any resistance puts doubt in their mind…they were supposed to be the final four! Now he’s “stuck” voting off Adam and Parvati, then Jonathan. Ozzy and Sundra just seem way too complacent with their place in all of this. I think the fact that Yul has the immunity idol is really playing havoc with any thoughts of outside strategy on their parts. Yul can win this entire game easily if he just stays the course and keeps Becky, Ozzy and Sundra happy.

It surprised me that no one bid aggressively against Jonathan in the food auction. They let him get the hot dogs and the pizza. What did they think the money was going to be good for? The auction lasted as long as previous ones, didn’t it?

No one knew Johnathan was bidding on food. They were covred mystery items, remember? The only food item that was revealed as such prior to bidding was the ice cream maker.

After Johnathan’s 2nd mystery-item-gorgefest, Sundra went nuts after the next mystery item…and got a sea cucumber. Yummy.

From what I understand it’s good through to the Final 4. So you can use it to get into the Final 3 but that’s it.