How long do you chew a stick of gum?

I chew the heck out of it… at least an hour.

I chew it until they move this thread to MSPIMS.

Actually, I chew it until I notice that it’s missing…something. It might be texture, it might be flavor, it might be something else, but that’s usually when I spit.

It varies-

I can chew it for a long time or after a few minutes want to spit it out. Either way though, as soon as I cross the line I need to spit it out NOW- it just seems revolting in my mouth.

Not very long. Once it’s done its job (to clean the gunk off my teeth or freshen my breath or whatever), I’ll spit it out.

If I chew too long, it starts to make me hungry. So I chew for a short time, long enough to clear my breath.

But if I am chewing because I am orally fixated at the time, I chew it until it has no flavor left, blow a few bubbles, and then toss it.

Until the flavor goes away…after that it just feel gross in my mouth. So, only a couple of minutes.

A very long time, because I usually forget it’s there. There have been a couple of times where the gum has actually started to break apart in my mouth. I’d say about 4 hours is common for me. And now everyone can proceed to tell me I’m gross. :smiley:

A very long time, because I usually forget it’s there. There have been a couple of times where the gum has actually started to break apart in my mouth. I’d say about 4 hours is common for me. And now everyone can procedd to tell me I’m gross. :smiley:

Maybe 1/2 an hour or until my jaw is sore. Then I swallow it.

I’m the same way, UKCatGirl. I’ll chew until I have to eat, or until it’s bedtime. I’m not always chomping away, but it’ll be sitting in my mouth, often tucked in my cheek (a trick I learning in high school theater) until I remember it’s there. I can even, uh, y’know…with a guy…orally, without losing my gum. :eek:

I love you. You’re sooooo talented.

Like 40 seconds, and then I eat it. I’m not so mature.

A stick of gum? Less than a couple seconds, after that it’s a wad of gum.

Ba-da-bump.

I’m not trying to threadshit here, I’m trying to stay light hearted about this, but I think that chewing gum is the most disgusting habit that a person can have. As a utility breath freshener, fine. As a reason to non stop masticate for hours on end, I’m sorry but chewing tobacco is more attractive to me. I know I have a “chewing thing”, but I can’t help it. Gum is gross.

I prefer chewing the square kind with the minty shell like this since it stays chewable longer than mere sticks. I’m habitual, often chewing one piece for 2-3 hours, then adding a second piece to freshen the first one.

I don’t understand why people don’t just swallow the damn gum instead of sticking it some place or throwing it on the ground. My dog was limping the other day after a walk and I looked at her paw and she had a big wad of gum on her paw. Gross.

Swallow it. It won’t kill you and it’s not harmful.

How did this turn into a “spit or swallow?” thread?

Months - but for only a few mins at a time :slight_smile:

I haven’t chewed a stick of gum in years, but I will pop in a piece of Orbit or Trident or whatever (the small blocks) from time to time when I’m in my car. But I can only chew for a few minutes before my jaw fails (TMJD) so I put it on the dash until I need it again.

That stuff stays amazingly potent for a long time, and it leaves the car with a nice spearminty scent!

That was probably my fault. :smiley:

(For the record - swallow.)

Gum! Of course I’m talking about gum. Perverts.

Until the flavor’s gone. Or until I think my breath is fresh enough. Or until I answer the phone or need to speak to someone other than chit chat. Then I spit it into a piece of paper and throw it into the trash.