$50 Wurlitzer!

Cool! Just saw a classified in the local paper. Who knows what it’ll actually be; it’s described as ‘organ with stool.’ I’m going to have a look in about an hour… but I’ll take the van, just in case. :slight_smile:

Only this morning I was bemoaning the lack of cheesy organ music in my life…

Pics to follow, if I do buy it.

If you wind up getting it, don’t forget to place a vase of tulips on the cabinet. Because some people like roses on their piano, while others would rather have…

…sigh…
All I have is a Little Baldwin…

You’re buying a colon?

Ooo - that could be fun! Try playing the riff from Smashmouth’s Walking on the Sun - lots of distorted, over the top Wurlitzer goodness to be had there…

I prefer suspending it in fermented apple juice.

Ewwwwwwwwww!

Oh … Wurlitzer. Sorry.

“Try playing the riff from Smashmouth’s Walking on the Sun …”

Which they completely ripped off from Perry & Kingsley’s “The Swan”

Sounds more like a Farfisa or Vox than a Wurly…

“Swan’s Spalshdown,” that is.

I got a Kimball Entertainer organ (basically the same as this one) at a yard sale for $25, including the bench. Beyond sounding really good and having a wide variety of different rhythm settings to play along with, it also looks really nice in the living room.

But after a while, it developed a problem where the G and C keys on the upper keyboard play an octave higher than they are supposed to. Does anyone know what caused this and how to fix it?

Now **araminty **just needs to change her name to “Wicked Wanda” and she will have an act playing her “Magic Wurlitzer”.

Woo hoo!

Weirdly, it did have a bowl of (fake) tulips on it - although I don’t think its previous owners would have caught the double entendre. My mate Phil and I liberated it from a horrible old lady’s house. It reeks of smoke - I’ll drag it outside over the weekend and let the sunshine do its work.

It’s called a Funmaker 2. :slight_smile:

That’s great! It’s amazing how cheaply you can find things like that now. A lot of them have analogue drum machines built in that make some killer sounds.

I stopped to check out a garage sale a few years ago, and the guy had a black Wurlitzer electric piano marked ‘broken key’ for $10. I bought it thinking I could use the parts, and when I got it home I looked it up and it was a Wurlitzer 200A, which is very much in demand by rock bands. The thing was actually in excellent condition. The broken key turned out to be a metal reed that had broken off. I ordered a new one for $5, installed it, tuned it by filing little bits off it as per the instructions, and sold the piano on eBay for $800. Best garage sale score I ever made.

That flat-out rocks. I hope it sounds as cool as it looks!