Thread Hijacking

I would like clarification on moderation actions (or lack thereof ) concerning hijacking threads .The thread I have in mind is the one concerning feeding trolls where it turned into a joke fest about a certain ladle incident (which I refuse to discuss ever again out of respect for the man involved ). It devolved into a melee which I too participated in , but was also participated in by certain mods. Know I know better than to tell you fellows how to do your jobs as that only leads to your insulting me at will and the closing of my threads . That is fine as it’s your board . I’m only a visitor here and although I pay for that right you have made my place here very clear. There are no hard feelings but don’t think I’m not aware of it nor are others blind to this fact either. But I would like to know why you don’t point hijacks out and attempt to stop them from progressing to the point of chaos. Please feel free to answer or not as your fancy strikes you. Oh, and Giraffe , sorry about the puncuation. I know how it annoys you . But it’s a hard habit to break and I didn’t want to retype the whole thing.

Link

Omegaman, what is your problem? Your recent posting rampage is hard to view as anything other than trolling. You keep bringing up past bullshit in the guise of proclaiming you’re not going to talk about it. You keep fanning the flames of every potential conflict while righteously stating your desire to get along. You hijack the crap out of the trolling thread, then start another thread to complain that we don’t stop people from hijacking threads.

How about you stop acting like an attention-whoring asshole?

Incidentally, why do giraffes have protective colouring? What background is it meant to hide them against (as though there was any sense in trying to hide an 18’ tall animal)? Doesn’t the existence of this rather pretty colouring strongly argue against natural selection?

I think he wants you to spank him for being a very naughty boy. Possibly with a ladle. The subtext is rapidly becoming text.

Respect? For Ladle-boy? You must be mad!

Hijacking of serious threads by posters of worth is strongly discouraged.

If you’ve got a foot and a half of prehensile tongue, you can be whatever color you choose.

It’s fashion, of course. Fashion laughs at natural selection.

Oh, great, now I have a vision in my head of a giraffe singing, “I’m Too Sexy.”

I thought it became flashing neon text when he went on about shopping for Vaseline, myself. I think he’s only just found out about the tongue, Giraffe hasn’t used the sig in a while that I’d noticed. So I’m sure he’ll be back.

You’re not looking at it from the proper perspective. Try about 1000 feet directly above the ground, as the flying saucer zips over the African veldt, looking for interesting life forms to beam up for experimentation. A giraffe’s hide pattern will break up its outline and camouflage it from visiting aliens, which will instead be drawn to the dark blob of a nearby wildebeest.

That sounds logical!

But won’t the alien ship run into such a tall beast? Unless the horns serve as some sort of spaceship-repelling type thingy.

I’m sorry you feel that way . Did I not just state above that I too was hijacking the thread ? The crap with **Autoclyus ** is over and done with, did you not see where I stated that in the above thread ? I’m thinking maybe it’s you with the problem my puncuation hating friend. Why don’t you just go ahead and ban me if you feel so strongly about it ? You seem to think I’m full of shit as you readily accuse me of being a troll. If you think I’m going to be taking shit off of pompous jackasses like that Mr. Dibble you’re mistaken. I will follow the rules however in putting children like him in thier place . Make no mistake about it. Any other issues you’de like to bring up ? Why don’t you and the mods have another meeting and take into account what I’ve said here and decide if you’de like to ban me. I had an agreement with Mr. Zotti and I believe I’m following it. Perhaps you should ask him as maybe your not aware of what was said between he and I . Don’t think I’m name dropping but we had a mans agreement and although you didn’t feel the need to respond to my e-mail to you I hoped we could as well . So like I say you do what you think is best . Oh, and by the way , you did not adress my question instead you insulted just like that Mr Dibble would have . Thanks , Girrafe , you are such a pal . And attention whore ? I think not . You can be sure I can an asshole of the largest caliber as I’ve had my entire life to practice dealing with people such as your self. If you’de like to take that as an insult feel free although I don’t completely intend it as such.

I’m somehow reminded of the serious proposal made one time in a bid to keep mahouts from bringing their elephants into Bangkok, a long-running problem. The suggestion was to implant a microchip under the skin of every elephant found inside the city limits, for ease of tracking. We’re all thinking, “Geez, who needs a microchip to track a friggin’ elephant through Bangkok???” The proposal died a quiet death.

You want to talk “logical”? Is there anything more logical than that you can only go halfway into the woods?

:confused:

It does?

:smack:

Shit, back to the drawing board.

:frowning:

Visiting aliens do not zip over the african veldt. they do it at a leisurely pace and at least a 2000 ft. They have very good beaming capability’s.

Look, if I’ve told you once, I’ve told you a gajillion times – 1000 feet for the survey sweeps! No lower! And don’t even think of trying to get away with buzzing the indigenes – I put a new lock on the altimeter recorder, bub.

:mad:

That is what I said . And I refered to him as a man. I do believe your hijacking this thread . But I know of your words and they are normally serious.

Yeah, but he reversed the polarity, so you won’t be able to tell.

:confused:

Moi? Serious?
I do believe I’ve just been insulted.