Thread Hijacking

Eh, well, consider the source.

For the love of all that is simian, what is your obsession with being a man, being manly, being tough, a cowboy? Just how big is your dick anyway that you feel you have to defend its honor with every post? No, wait, I don’t want to know.

I’ve been following these pit threads with some mild interest, and this seems like the appropriate thread to say that you strike me as petty, whiny, sanctimonious, mean, brutish, and stupid. Manly? Not so much.

No you have not. I do not mince words . As Chimera pointed out to me yesterday it’s not always wise to respond to evry question or post but if I was going to insult you I would just do it. I behave in this very fashion in real life. I don’t threaten people at all and insults are for children for the most part. I felt very bad for insulting Autoclyus .

We just had a thread on this subject in GQ. Personally, I suspect that the coloration of giraffes is more likely to have a social function (individual recognition, or herd cohesion) than to be primarily for camouflage.

On the other hand, the existence of the OP pretty strongly argues against the existence of natural selection, but does argue in favor of the imposition of artificial selection by Giraffe.

1000 feet is still too conservative. If they approach Earth passing by **vetbridge’s ** house, they can use the giraff-o-meter to determine the safety of their altitude.

Sapo and Mangetout are two of the board’s experts regarding giraffes. Oh, then there is Giraffe, as well. This being the pit, well, fuck then.

I would like to be the first poster who has not hijacked this thread. Except that now it is too late since I have submitted this post, and so should therefore be disqualified. It is, however, a post about hijacking and therefore does qualify. On the other hand, it does not address the OP specifically, and so it is a hijack after all. Then again, the previous sentence made reference to the OP, and so it cannot be said to be a hijack. Still, a third party observer — say from the Green Party, for instance — might interpret this post as a tirade about veganism. People perceive whatever they wish, and so an anti-PETA reader (or a meter reader) might say it is not. Either it is or it isn’t. Excluded middle or false dichotomy? I’m not sure, but just in case anyone is concerned, I have spent the past several years building up an immunity to Iocaine powder.

You only think it qualifies – that’th what’th tho funny! I thwitched pothts when your back was turned!

It works extremely well when they’re standing next to a very large ruler attached to the side of a house.

To try and answer the question of the OP (assuming there is an honest question there, and why not? I’ll assume that), the hijacking that went on in Rilchiam’s thread was over the top, but it is my understanding that not hijacking a thread is more a function of the OP requesting people to stay on topic, dammit, rather than mods stomping their jackbooted feet on people’s necks. It’s also a function of how old the discussion is, and if it’s mostly played out already. In other words, hijacking like that so early in a thread, not cool. Hijacking after four pages and a week, not so bad.

Well, obviously. That’s why I’ve never seen a giraffe standing next to a very large ruler (or even a medium-sized king) attached to the side of a house.

Now Hans that does dishes can be soft as Cervaise with wild green hairy-lipped squid.

He’s got you there.

I submit that a thread cannot be hijacked unless it’s ready for it. If a thread is holding the interest of the posters, sure - there’ll be smart-ass remarks and jokes and off-topic posts, but the thread will circle around back to the subject of the OP. Any thread that has been as completely and thoroughly hijacked as that one simply wasn’t holding interest.

I’m sorry, Silenus. I can’t hear you.

Your shirt is too loud.

:smiley:

Just wait until you see what I’ve got picked out for the Vegas Dopefest in August. Luckily we’ll all be wearing sunglasses already.

Dogberry: O that he were here to write me down an ass! But, masters, remember that I am an ass; though it be not written down, yet forget not that I am an ass.

Well lets see the tally so far is 1 mod insulting me. 1 mod hijacking . 1 mod making an actual comment related to the thread . There are a few more mods . What gems will they share ? I am so curious to find out . Shouldn’t you guys be at the big banning meeting? Giraffe is handing out the torches . Don’t be the last to come, you’ll end up with one of those little candles with the little paper ring around it so you dont get hot wax on you or your robes.

Thank you. I needed that.

But what if the elephant is hiding behind a giraffe? Huh? What then, smart guy? Now the microchip idea doesn’t seem so stupid, does it?

You’re goatse?