Crimson Skies

I only play hardcore flightsims. That’s it. Nothing else.
I love them. I especially love Jane’s study Sims. Nothing better than lobbing a bomb over a mountain while going treetop level at 500 knots onto an unseen target.

But my brother bought me Crimson Skies for my daughter’s Birthday (yeah that’s weird, but she’s only one.)

This is not a serious flightsim. It’s a joke.

But… I’m finding it irresistable campy, storybased fun.

I was having the time of my life playing it.

Until I got to this one fucking mission.

You’re cohort is trying to steal the Spruce Goose from Howard Hughes from its water dock in Hollywood (I know.)

You have to fly through the hangar with the Goose in it, and blow up the doors to let it out and then defend it while it escapes. But, there are too many planes. They always shoot down the goose before I can get them all.

I’ve been playing this same fucking mission for a week, and I can’t get past it.

It’s not fun anymore.

Fuck fuck fuck doubleshit rat piss fuckity fuck fuck!

ROFLROFLROFL!

That is officially the funniest thing I have read today. Mind if I add it to my sig?

Ummm. Sure.

Yeah, I mind. Your sig is on the longish side to start with, and that’s really not an appropriate sig for anywhere but the Pit.

Lynn
Administrator
For the Straight Dope

Damn! I guess this means my “Fuck Gore with a 12inch Neon Blue dildo and then shove the remains down Bush’s grinning slack-jawed mouth” sig is out too.

Oldscratch, yeah, that’s out. But you knew that already, didn’t you?

Lynn

I think it might be that people will get confused about whether you meant the inert gas from the periodic table or the Dodge car.

If you would change your sig to, say, “Fuck Gore with a 12inch ARGON Blue dildo and then shove the remains down Bush’s grinning slack-jawed mouth,”

I’m sure once this is done, you’ll find the Mods more than willing to let you use it as a sig.
And Scylla, the Goose has a wingspan twice the length of the Wright brothers’ original flight! A blind monkey in Cleaveland could throw an acorn and hit the damn thing. You’re surprised you can’t defend it?

Would you catagorize “Crimson Skies” as an aracade type flight sim, along the lines of Wing Commander? That’s the type of stuff I like to play, and I have picked up the box a couple of times considering buying it.

I know what you mean about getting stuck on a level, though…I’ve broken way too many fucking Playstation controllers getting frustrated with a game…and to think, I play these games to relax :rolleyes:

monkeylucifer:

That’s exactly what it is.

That’s weird, it only took me two tries to beat that mission. I beat the game recently, but had to skip a couple of missions. The stunt race at Hollywood (for some reason I just can’t get my plane through those tight squeezes), and the final mission, which also requires stunt flying (I had no problem with the combat part, though). I think there was another one I gave up on and skipped too, but I can’t remember the details.

Crimson Skies is one of the best games I own…someday I’m going to try online play.

Oh, re: getting stuck on a level, don’t let that worry you if you are considering buying it. If you fail the same mission repeatedly it gives you an option to skip it.

If you are stuck for a long time on a level, so much so that the game is no longer fun, it’s time to consider using a cheat to get past the bad spot.

I will not skip a mission. That would be cheating. I will solve it or toss it in the garbage.