What kind of "Ask the" threads are you hoping for?

I really like “Ask the” threads. I find them useful because more than one person often answers, and many people ask - which really helps in a situation where you know zilch about the topic and thus don’t even know what to ask.

I don’t think it’s any secret I’ve been hoping like crazy someone would start an " Ask the Indian living in India " thread. I’m dying to know what day-to-day life for young people is like in my mother country.

I want an "** Ask the percussionist/drummer** " thread. I tried to start one with questions, but it failed because I don’t know the right questions to ask.

Due to a recent thread I’d like someone to start an "** Ask the person living in Delaware** " thread, as it occured to me I know almost nothing about Delaware.

How about others? And if someone wants to start one on any topics listed in this thread, feel free!

I’d like to see an “Ask the person who wonders what type of ‘Ask The’ threads we should have” thread…wait.

I sometimes think about starting an “ask the Christian private school graduate” thread, but I wonder if it would become a trainwreck. I attended private Christian schools my whole life, including college, and now that I am older I look back and have more perspective about how it affected me and the good and bad parts of it. I know there are some common perceptions about what going to a private school is like but I have no idea if anyone is interested in this topic at all, so I usually just drop it. Sometimes I don’t know how I feel about it myself, so I don’t think I would come across as especially pro or con.

I like the ask the “profession” threads myself, especially things that are medicine related or law related.

I would love to see an Ask the kid who grew up in Foster Care thread.

There was one of those believe it or not. It wasn’t very long ago either and I will see if I can find it. A new poster claimed to be from Delaware which we all found very hard to believe so we pressured him to start an Ask The… thread on it.

Ask The Guy That Claims to Be From Delaware

Oh, thanks, Shag! March is one of the busier times in my organization so I guess I missed it in the hubbub. I’ll read it now!

I’d be willing to do an “ask the guy who has never lived in Delaware” thread.

Oh Velma, I’d be very interested to read about your experiences! Count me as a vote for that one.

And I’d be interested in a foster care one, too.

About all I have to offer is being a Mormon and homeschooling. The Mormon thing has been done to death, though I’ll do it again if it comes up. And I don’t consider myself a very experienced homeschooler yet. Maybe I’ll do that one later, if anyone is interested, which quite possibly they aren’t.

I want to start a thread titled “Ask the multimillion dollar lottery winner.”

I’d be willing to help out with the homeschooling one from the student side. My family has homeschooled since 1981 so I have a decent background to draw on.

Subject to certain financial criteria being satisfied, this will be followed by “Ask the guy who’s just married Annie-Xmas”.

Chez Guevara is a card game?

**Ask the Sadist

Ask the Slacker

Ask the Men’s Tailor

Ask the Functioning Alcoholic

Ask the Corrosive Cynic**

Ask the hot Indian chick from Albany NY who wants to be Zebra’s personal love slave

hah, like you even know where Albany is. You think I live in Canada.

Hey, my love slave would come to me, so why do I care that you live in a suburb of Montreal.

I’d be willing to throw down an “Ask the Librarian” thread if anyone cared. There’s plenty of other librarians around here who could probably answer any questions as well.

Oh, and since we’re talking Upstate NY: “Ask the guy who wants to ask other people where they think ‘Upstate NY’ really is”

Whouldn’t all the responses in "Ask the Librarian be “Shuuuss”?

I’d really enjoy an “Ask the Ape” thread. Mainly because of the alliteration. Or is it assonance?