Quick! ID the "oh-ee-oh" disco earworm before we both have to shoot ourselves!

Male falsetto, disco beat.

Oh-ee-oh!
Oh-ee, oh-ee, oh-eee,
Oh-ee-oh!
Oh-ee, oh-ee-oh, ee-Ohhhh!

E-F-E
E-F-E-D-C-D
E-F-E
E-F-E-D-C, D-DCCC!

This is has been added to work’s tape loop, and it’s been driving me crazy for two weekends now. So I sang it to the Better Half this morning–“What IS that guy singing?”–and now he’s infected, too. Gah! :mad:

There are no actual words?

Doesn’t that come from The Wizard of Oz ? Isn’t that what the Evil Witch guards where singing ?

Tarzan Boy by Baltimora?

EDIT: Hm. Found a video. More ‘oh-oh-oh’ than ‘oh-ee-oh’.

Are there other lyrics? Because the first song that comes to me that has the oh-ee-oh refrain is Jungle Love, by the Time. It does have other intelligible lyrics though, and Morris Day is not a falsetto.

Tarzan Boy was what I was going to suggest, too.

Not this, then?

None of the above. :frowning:

It’s one of the Golden Hits of the 60s/70s. Ubiquitous on elevators from Maine to Timbuctoo. Bouncy falsetto, disco beat. Does that help?

It’s not one that they used in one of the Austin Powers movies, is it? There’s a song without lyrics in one of them that ‘everybody knows’, but I don’t know what it is.

Soul Bossa Nova, by Quincy Jones.- YouTube link.

Actually I think it’s Mas Que Nada.

Possibly the chorus of Sting’s Don’t Stand So Close to Me?

Yeah, sounds like that hing at the end of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back were they go on stage. Not a Golden 60’s thing though.

No, that isn’t Mas Que Nada.

No, the tune I was thinking of is Mas Que Nada and not the other one.

Oh I get it now.

I think Johnny L. A. meant that Mas Que Nada is the song that the OP is looking for – link here.

Edited to add, “Dang, you guys type fast!” :slight_smile:

And that I think that it’s more of a samba than the “disco” that the OP suggested.

Just to be clear:

No clue what the OP’s song is.

The song in The Spy Who Shagged Me that I could never remember the name to is Mas Que Nada. Never thought of the other one, but now I know when I hear it it’s Soul Bossa Nova.

Although I see the Black Eyed Peas have released a “remake”. :rolleyes:

Still no joy. :frowning: Sorry to have stumped the panel. Really, it’s one of those Top 40 Sixties-Seventies-possibly Early 80s songs that’s everywhere (which is the most frustrating part–if you’re over 30, you grew up with this song.)

It’s extremely likely that he’s not really singing “oh-ee-oh”, that’s just what the dang thing sounds like.

Funk? 70’s?

ETA: Doobie Brothers?