Striking but potentially stupid camera advert on telly.

There’s a British ad for a digital camera, I think it’s a Panasonic product. Anyway the device is shockproof and waterproof. To illustrate this they show a young child bouncing the camera around in mud and washing it off under a tap and then putting the camera back on the table where mummy is chatting on the phone.
Maybe the product is this robust, which would be great but is there any chance kids would see the ad and start bouncing around their parents £200 non-waterproof, non-bouncy cameras?!

Reading this made me think of an old commercial. It starts with a parent showing a child how you have to “feed” the VCR with a cassette in order to get it to play something. The kid finds this fascinating, and then the commercial cuts to a later point in time when we see the kid feeding the VCR a peanut-butter sandwich. I think there was a variation on this where the kid was spooning oatmeal into the VCR’s “mouth”. I have no recollection of what the ad was for, but I’m sure it horrified a few parents.

I agree! Children should be banned!

Probably the Olympus 1030SW. Yes, they are very tough cameras.

What’s the downside? The parents will want to replace any broken cameras and they’ll gravitate towards the tougher models. Win-win for Olympus. :cool:

Here’s the ad the OP refers to, for the Olympus Tough .

It’s hardly Panasonic’s problem if people have stupid children - or at least, if they are unable to keep their expensive electronics away from their stupid children.

Thanks Galwegian!