Gig announcement - Victoria, B.C.

Many thanks to the Mods for letting me post this.

For anyone in Victoria, Vancouver, Seattle or other parts of the Pacific Northwest who is interested, I’ll be performing with Pacific Opera Victoria in an upcoming production of Marc Blitzstein’s opera Regina. Performances April 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, with an upcoming broadcast on CBC 2 sometime in the summer. For further information, visit the Pacific Opera Victoria website. I’d be honoured if some of you could make it.

I will see if I can make it! I was last at POV for Madama Butterfly, which sold out. I am toying with becoming a subscriber to the next series to continue broadening my horizons. (And because Flute is coming up!)

Hey, wanna start a “Ask The Opera Singer” thread? If you are an opera singer. I dunno, you could be a musician… What part are you singing?

Dear Savannah:

Yes, I am a singer - I’m performing the role of Ben Hubbard, a charming but thoroughly corrupt piece of work.

One of these days, I should do an ‘Ask the Singer’ thread. One of the odd things about it is there are at least three of us on the SMDB who are opera singers, and as far as I can tell, the three of us sing basically the same or similar repertoire. Proof of the superior intelligence of high Baritones, or a sign that statistical results can be bizarrely skewed by too small a sample? We’ll leave the readers to decide.