New NiN?

Yes, I am a bad NiN fan as I haven’t kept up on much that Trent and Co have been doing recently. I keep hearing a song on the local alt-rock station that has the line “I need your discipline” and I’d swear it’s got to be new. Anyone know what’s going on?

It’s from the new album ‘Slip’, get it free and legally here
http://dl.nin.com/theslip/signup

Don’t feel bad, BaneSidhe, Trent’s latest hijinx are no equal to his earlier years. I found the last two albums completely forgettable, but I haven’t heard the latest, so there’s always hope. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link, Revtim! I’d written down a note to myself to d/l the album as soon as it was available but alas, the note went the way of the dinosaurs.

bufftabby, I’m more of a fan of his earlier stuff as well, but there’s songs from later albums I like a lot too. YEAR ZERO was mind-blowing for me and I really thought the way it was marketed was very cool. Sucked me right in, I’ll tell you! I just have had too much crap going down recently to keep up with my music collection, shame on me!

I tried to give “The Slip” another listen this morning and I have to say that I’m still pretty unimpressed. I’ll admit that my interest in NIN has waned in the past few years (I was damn year obsessed in the mid 90’s, though!), so this might be a reflection of that. I love the track “Corona Radiata”, like “Head Down” and “Demon Seed” … the rest is either pretty good or completely forgettable.

For the record, I loved “Year Zero” when I first heard it but found that it had a surprisingly short shelf life in my mind. “Me I’m Not” is still one of the coolest songs he’s ever done, though.