Two and a Half Inches of Fun: can't we just ban his troll ass and have done with it?

Death for any felony: Let’s bring it back

And

Louisiana passes law to castrate rapists

One wonders if his brain stem has been castrated.

He’s been trolling since day one. There was the time he asked about lubrication for pre-pubescent girls. I believe his first thread was how he wanted to tax fat people, then whined about it in the Pit when it was closed.

He’s nothing more than a turdnugget stinking up a board that professes to fight ignorance.

Eh - I don’t like the guy, but there’s a fine line between stupidity and trolling. I think that Inches holds some genuinely wrongheaded beliefs, and probably enjoys the controversy that they produce - but to me, trolling requires an element of personal offense. The poster who used to start a bunch of “Why do black people do ?” threads was a troll because his posts were essentially racist - they were insulting to black people, and thus to all civilized people who object to racism.

The ideas that Inches espouses are a little different - no matter how wrong we may think he is when he espouses his views on criminal law, it would be very hard for someone to read what he’s written and think “I’m being personally insulted here”.

I may be way off-base here, but I think this “insult” requirement for a charge of trolling is an important one - otherwise, we risk barring fringe views from GD altogether. I’d rather deal with a few wackos like Inches, in exchange for posts by smart posters with fringe views, than have GD restricted to moderate debates only.

(By the way - I didn’t see Inches pre-pubescent girls thread, nor do I want to - so I’m basing this on the criminal-law threads I’ve actually seen.)

Thoughts?

One of the reasons we have rules is so that they may be artfully skirted and thier purpose mocked. The guy’s a dick but a troll? A delicate proposition. I favor a mod attitude of tolerance to extreme, that the unpopularity of an opinion or its advocate should have as little impact as possible on that poster’s official standing. Of neccesity, this means that guys like this will frequently show us their big brown eye.

He will go too far, and he will go. Bet on it.

I feel like it’s VCO3 toying with us.

Heh, that’s exactly what I think when I read his posts, only I couldn’t remember the name.

Daniel

Banned name!

No evidence so far.

That counts as trolling? It’s not like there’s anything inherently disgusting about the question - half the readership of the board, minimum, plus any mothers with young boys, will know perfectly well that immature males get erections, for comparison.

Precisely correct.

Yeah, I think he’s a troll. That’s why I’ve stopped reading his dumbass OP’s and have been ignoring his posts. Trolls get off on attention, and starting a pit thread on his banning is going to do nothing to persuade the mods and it will only serve to give the poster in question a raging 2.5" tent in his pants.

You could ban him. Or you could just ignore him, and stop making threads like this that do nothing but feed his potential trollery.

Why does everybody go nuts looking for trollery and calls to banning? Just ignore him if he stirs your shit so badly, and get on with your life.

Why do you think he is trolling? He strikes me as a nutjob but his nutjobbery seems pretty consistent. I think he really thinks this way. You could ignore the guy. If you think that the guy is being a jerk or is a sock, why not report him to the mods? Is this thread really going to make a difference? Do you have a thread where he is taking a position just to stir shit up?

I’ve read at least two comments from Mods in recent days that indicate 2.5’s posting privileges are currently under discussion, in part due to the two threads linked by the OP, so I don’t see a real need for yet another Pitting of this schmuck.

Anyway, as long as I’m here, BURN THE WITCH!!!

::waves pitchfork::

What evidence do you have that he weighs the same as a duck?

He turned me into a newt!

You got better!

I agree. That’s what people do to my posts, and I’m not even trying to stir shit up!

It has not been established that this technique accurately identifies witches. Just because the US used the term ‘witch hunt’ in regard to this method in the past, it does not mean that it reaches the legal standard of witchhood. I think you should hold off making these pronouncements until a full investigation is completed along with appropriate legal proceeding where the legal issues can be hashed out. We are a nation of laws, not men. Or ducks, for that matter.

The duck weight isn’t a US method, it goes back to [del]787 B.C. in Sumeria[/del] 787 A.D. in Britain.

I vote for “not a troll”. He’s a guy that holds some opinions that are on the edge and make some people shake their heads or get upset, but IMHO, he’s not a troll…