Tony Snow dies.

Mouthpiece for Dick Cheney and his slow-witted little buddy has died of colon cancer at the age of 53. With Falwell and Helms down there, Hell is filling up faster lately.

Discuss.

I disagreed with him 99% of the time but I liked him a lot. I will miss him.

Wow.

Once you die or become seriously ill your political viewpoints shouldn’t matter any more. He was too young to die and I wish his family well.

I didn’t like him and will not miss him. I’m glad he’s dead. I’m glad it was something as painful and undignified as colon cancer and I hope he suffered. Let’s hope it’s only the beginning for Fox News shills and Bush collaborators alike.

discuss? the man worked for some one I hate, but he died, young, of a horrible disease. I am, however, willing to discuss further my contempt for you in pitting his death.

fuck you.

So what? Why does that make him less evil?

Fucking hell, what’s wrong with you?

The bile for Jesse Helms I can understand, but this thread really reveals the dark underbelly of some Dopers.

God bless Tony Snow & may he pray for your souls.

What evidence do you have that he was evil. He worked, for a short time, for Bush. I don’t believe that everyone who work(s)(ed) for BUsh are evil - some are misguided, true believers.

and I’m not one who wishes painful deaths on folks in general, certainly not 'cause they are part of the other party. Hell, I don’t even approve of the ‘let me top that torturous death wish’ crap you see in the RO threads for criminals.

don’t know. I used to defend him to some of my less liberal doper friends, but no more. that was one sick fucking post.

53 is too young to die. I hope his last days were pain free.

What purpose do the hateful remarks serve?

Finally, your true self is revealed. And this, you won’t be able to weasel out of.

He was a professional liar, a war crimes apologist and a collaborator in the destruction of the bill of Rights. Why should I pretend to feel sorry for him now that he got what he had coming to him? I defy anyone to name one good thing he ever did.

Weasel out of what?

Fuck me, Diogenes, do you put on your dancing shoes every single time somebody who disagrees with you dies? Last time I checked it wasn’t a mortal sin to hold views contrary to your own. Maybe I’m wrong. If so, Hell is gonna be a mighty crowded place.

But frankly if Heaven is reserved for cold-hearted arrogant shits like you I’ll take Hell any day.

There’s a difference between mere disagreement and active participation and collaboration with the worst kinds of criminal activity. Tony Snow was a shill for war crimes, torture and the dissolution of American civil liberties.

DtC, I wouldn’t wish that kind of death on my worst enemy.

I’m glad he’s out of politics.
I’m not sorry that he’s dead.
If I believed in Hell, I might speculate on his destination, but I don’t so it’s a moot point.

But further than that I’m not prepared to go. I don’t think it speaks well of you if you revel in the sufferings of other people, even bad people. If you’re going to say that his crimes against others are so egregious that his own suffering pales in comparison, you might be better off to make that argument. As it is, you just come across as a bad person.

You answered your own question.