Firefox Ver 3 and possible Cookie Monster conflict?

This is a reach to try to find anybody who might know what happened, but worth a try. I’ve been using a great little free program called Cookie Monster for years. You can preserve any sites where you want cookies to be kept, and once you’ve built up the list, clicking a button on this programs literally “eats” any new, unwanted cookies since last time.

It works for Firefox, IE, Opera and almost any browser. Suddenly, it has stopped working after upgrading Firefox to ver 3. As it is a free program, there is no support, and have been unable to find a forum for it.

I’m pretty sure it is a result of the Firefox upgrade. Is there any way to go back to the prior version of FF? I can’t see any advantage of this last upgrade.

In the remote chance that somebody out there is using Cookie Monster, have you any ideas of what else made it suddenly stop working?

Don’t know about Cookie Monster, but you can go and grab an earlier version of Firefox. If you’re on 3.0 now, the previous version is 2.0.0.16.

You can get previous versions of Firefox from Mozilla’s FTP site.

Here’s a direct link to the US English version: 2.0.0.16

You’ll need to uninstall Version 3.0 before you go back to the older version, but make sure you back up your bookmarks and any other things you want to keep.

I just looked up Cookie Monster, and it’s not really a separate program, but a Firefox extension. Do you have the latest version of Cookie Monster installed (0.94)?

Sometimes if a Firefox extension doesn’t work, it’s worth trying to uninstall then reinstall it. There are also times when certain extensions won’t work with one another, so it’s possible that there’s a conflict between Cookie Monster and one of your other add-ons.