What flavor is Juicy Fruit?

I recently bought a pack of Wrigley’s Juicy Fruit gum today and I soon found myself asking what exactly is the fruit flavor (if any) that juicy fruit is supposed to be? I wasn’t sure if this had a real answer, so I posted it here.

Last time I had some, I was able to convince myself that the different colors had different flavors, but I have an pretty active imagination.

Personally, I always thought it tasted like jackfruit. Wikipedia concurs, sort of:

So, isopentenyl acetate it is. Yummy!

Yeah, the different colours have different flavors. Juicy Fruit Blue tastes like blue Kool-Aid, Juicy Fruit Red tastes like some bastardized version of strawberry or somesuch, and I haven’t tried Juicy Fruit Green.

Yes, that is true. My question was asking what flavor was the original juicy fruit supposed to be. Thanks for those who replied!

Juicy Fruit Green is apple.

After sleeping on this reply, I realize that I was thinking of Fruit Stripe. Sorry.

Fruit Stripe’s five flavors are supposed to be cherry, lemon, orange, peach, and melon but they don’t last very long.

Oh, so it’s not just my imagination. Sweet.

Yeah. I remember my youth when we’d pick ripe isopentenyl acetates right off the trees in Grampa’s orchard.

You’re thinking of fruit strip gum.

Those were the days…those so-called isopentenyl acetates you get in the store these days have no flavor…

It’s Juicy Fruit. I don’t know anything else that tastes like it.

IMHO, it tastes like yellow. It’s yellow-flavored gum.

I always thought it was a mishmash rather than any specific flavor. There’s vague suggestions of bannana, grape, citrus, etc.

Moving thread from IMHO to Cafe Society.

juicy fruit green is people!

There’s definitely a banana-ish taste to it.

Yes, they do have banana.

I would describe the taste of original Juicy Fruit as some sort of tropical fruit punch. Other than the Banana taste that Wrigley cops to I have no idea what the individual flavors would be.

If you combined the flavors of White Rain hairspray, Marlboro reds, Natural Ice beer, Mountain Dew with Popov vodka, lake water, grape lip gloss, sweat, and latex condoms with spermacide-- that pretty much is what I think Juicy Fruit tastes like.

I think it has to do with this commercial.