Can you induce ejaculation by massaging the prostate?

So, I’m watching the movie Road Trip, which includes a scene where a character gets “stimulated” to donate a sperm sample by a nurse who massages his prostate with her fingers. Painful, perhaps, but does this work?

I spelled “can” and “induce” wrong in the title. :smack:
Can a mod please fix?

No, but a Bangkok call girl will.

Done. But enough with this one-handed typing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes.

Yes. This is why so many gay men are bottoms, and prefer well-hung partners.

I was/am an avid listener of Loveline, and Dr. Drew Pinsky refuted this many times. He’d say that some guys were into it, but that for most it would not induce an orgasm and was extremely uncomfortable. I noticed the wikipedia article does not cite any of the claims that it produces an orgasm - all of the cites seem completely non sexual. Anyone have a better cite than wikipedia?

It’s not really ejaculation so much as a sort of…er…flow, but fluid is released and I’ve heard it described as orgasmic. Lacking a prostate myself, I can’t speak from personal experience. There’s more information here, here, and here.

The last time my proctologist did it I almost pissed myself.

Hmm… prostate-massage-and-health.com, master-your-g-spot.com, and prostatepleasureguide.com
While those sites do have impressive scientific credentials, I’m not completely convinced.
Ignatz, how much did you enjoy having your prostate massaged by your doctor?

Was Dr. Drew denouncing ejaculation through prostate massage, or orgasm? It’s my understanding that the two are not necessarily the same thing. But, y’know, it’s hearsay for me: I don’t have a prostate.

Speaking as someone who has experienced orgasm by prostate massage alone I can say that yes it does work.

He was basically disagreeing with the portrayal of it on Road Trip. People would call in asking if it’d really give you this great orgasm and he’d say that some guys enjoy it, but that it’d be extremely uncomfortable for most.
I looked online for a while last night, and it seems like prostate massage is used medically for inflamed prostates, to drain them of fluid. Prostatic fluid is one component of semen, and some sites (again, nothing too reputable) claim that massaging it can stimulate the release of that particular fluid.
Illuminatiprimus, since you have first hand experience (pardon the pun) would you mind telling us a little bit more about it? Was it uncomfortable at all? Was it more or less intense than a regular genital orgasm?
I still think the whole idea of the prostate being a male g-spot is really inaccurate, and misunderstood/misrepresented. Dr. Drew stated that he has massaged many prostates in patients and said that very few of them enjoyed it (maybe he just has cold hands?)

Not at all - I’ve experienced lots of prostate massage, either by myself with a toy or at the hands/cock of another guy. I’ve only orgasmed once by prostate massage alone though and it doesn’t feel quite the same as a normal orgasm, the spasm is much more intense and feels like it’s occurring really deep inside your body (which makes sense because it is). For all those times where I’ve not actually orgasmed but came close to it through massage, it kind of feels a little like you want to piss yourself but not exactly the same (in a good way, I hasten to add).

I think references to people not enjoying prostate massage at the hands of a medical examiner are kind of meaningless, they’re not supposed to be enjoying it. If you’re having it done by someone who is intending to give you sexual pleasure it’s a completely different game.

Unfortunately, when I tried searching medical journals for “prostate orgasm” all I got was a bunch of articles on sexual dysfunction post-prostate cancer. If someone can find a medical study on it that would be great, but for me the fact that men experience it and seek out ways to better experience it is proof enough that it exists. Not the best of cites, I’ll admit, but unless someone’s been interested enough to study a particular sexual phenomenon it usually ends up in the realm of anecdotes.

The fact that men don’t enjoy prostate exams or massage by their doctors, but can still have orgasms from stimulating the same organ shouldn’t be a surprise, though. I’ve never known a woman who enjoyed pelvic examinations.

Ah. Well that explains it: Dr. Drew is an idiot.

Good thing he’s not a gynecologist - he might be teaching his listeners that touching breasts makes women stare intently at the ceiling, or that inserting things into their vaginas makes them break out in small talk.

At the very least it seems obvious that it doesn’t work the way it’s depicted in Road Trip, which was the question in the OP. The nurse fingers his prostate with no other sexual stimulation and instantly he has the best orgasm he’s ever had.
Another interesting point is one of CaerieD’s links says in the first paragraph “Prostate orgasm is the term used for massaging the prostate gland in order to produce a flow and elimination of seminal fluid (semen) without ejaculation.”
I don’t understand how semen can flow and be “eliminated” without ejaculation. Any ideas on what this might mean? It also seems to suggest that there would be no sperm, in which case the nurse doing it in Road Trip would be useless.

I have, but I wasn’t their doctor.

My uncle, who was gay, used to call it a “finger wave.” I truly couldn’t tell you how it possibly came up in conversation…suffice to say that my uncle loved to “shock and awe” people with inappropriate references.

Supposedly, it leads to a very sudden and intense orgasm. I’m a girl, so I wouldn’t know :slight_smile:

Being over 50, I’ve had many prostate digital exams, and haven’t enjoyed any of them, and certainly never ejaculated while having one.
Still, I think they’re necessary, but uncomfortable. Uncomfortable to me at least.
There’s a PSA count they can make with your blood but I understand the physical exam is still best. (It used to be called the “Finger Wave” in the service)
Where’s Quadrop?